MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Director of Brand Marketing, North America will be responsible for deliveringfresh’smarketing and communications strategies, and integrating online and traditional media to build brand equity and drive sales with target audiences. This role will prepare annual marketing plans, create a calendar of brand-building campaigns across all consumer touchpoints, set the marketing budget and analyze the market and competitors. The Director will be responsible for integrated planning, directing, and coordinating all marketing efforts, and communicating marketing plans across all functions to ensure alignment and unity of execution across all retailers and channels.
- Translate brand strengths and consumer insights into innovative and creative marketing initiatives designed to introduce the brand to new audiences and to support strategic objectives
- Translate and customize Global annual marketing plans into US plans, inclusive of comprehensive market analysis by category/sub-category/SKU level/market share/product segmentation
- Drive strategy, annual marketing budget, execution and KPIs for all Brand Marketing initiatives
- Build brand awareness and positioning, and define clear customer segmentations that inform marketing and content strategies for U.S. to recruit new customers, retain customers and build deeper engagement and conversion KPIs
- Oversee development and implementation of integrated 360-degree marketing calendar that leverages creative thinking to achieve the greatest reach, talk-value, and conversion down the funnel
- Plan and execute traditional marketing and digital campaigns across multiple platforms, channels (Brick and Mortar and eCommerce), and define consumer segmentation strategies in order to enable targeted, productive and efficient marketing
- Identify strategic partnerships that build cultural relevance, introduce the brand to new audiences and support business priorities
- Work closely with visual merchandising to continuously optimize and enhancefreshpresence in-store; Oversee gondola product assortments for each channel in order to support key category priorities while maximizing productivity
- Proactively collaborate with Global Marketing/Communications & US Paid Media and Integrative Communications lead to ensure content development & production is optimized to properly support media strategy & channel best practices
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, to develop, implement and measure strategies, adjusting the marketing plans if necessary
- Leverage a deep understanding of the customer and ensure successful translations of market research into actionable insights that can achieve brand positioning, engagement and business goals
- Report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns using pre-determined KPIs
- Work closely with our sales department to develop a pricing strategy that will help us maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction
- Develop and execute “best-in-class” marketing programs with cross-functional teams in marketing, e-commerce, social, digital and wholesale for any new product launches or key initiatives to drive core products, consumer awareness, engagement, affinity and purchase
- Work in conjunction with National Accounts Lead on retailer and channel marketing strategies that deliver full 360 plans in support of monthly themes, new product launches and pillar products that will drive incremental retail exposure while working within retailer guidelines
What you will achieve in the first 6 months:
- Lead the execution of Spring 2021 strategic initiatives while achieving key marketing KPIs and sales goals. Manage and adjust budget accordingly.
- Develop and execute Fall 2021 omni-channel marketing strategies that support comp business growth and expansion into new distribution.
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- Drive double digit increase in brand awareness, new customer acquisition and conversion metrics, and accelerate digital growth by achieving 55%+ online mix of business.
- Restore growth in prestige skincare brand rank and exceed market performance across key pillar categories.
- 8-10 years of related work experience in brand marketing, creative and/or advertising in consumer goods
- Passion for beauty brands, products, innovation and marketing strategies
- Uses in equal parts data, intuition and creativity to drive business decisions
- Forward-looking thinker with a trend-hunting mindset
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills both verbal and written
- Ability to manage across multiple teams, projects, and priorities efficiently and effectively
- Passion for / active involvement in the digital and social landscape
- Proven track record in developing integrated marketing plans and optimizing marketing investment in a highly competitive market space
Based in New York, NY