Position based in NYC (remote start).
Support the growth agenda of MHUSA by providing all MHUSA Stakeholders with a detailed view of the trade pricing practices and by recommending actions to increase the company’s profit through maximization of FOBs, review of effectiveness of discount strategy and management of distributors’ margins.
Management of actual depletion and financial data reported by distributors:
- Lead the data validation process for depletions and all financial information reported through VIP to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Perform month-end closing process for all data reported through VIP.
- Lead the reporting process for all data sent directly by distributors to MHUSA. Standardize format of data reported to allow systematic analysis. Perform monthly validation of data reported.
Management of VIP’s Deal Organizer:
- Collaborate with Pricing Director, VIP and Regional teams in design and launch of Deal Organizer at MHUSA.
- Help review, refine and maintain the pricing allocation algorithms proposed by VIP to improve accuracy of tool.
- Facilitate training of sales team on deal organizer.
Development of new pricing tool to view and analyze distributors detailed margin structures against forecasts:
- Help gather business requirements for new pricing tool in collaboration with FP&A, Brands, Regions and distributors.
- Actively participate in design of new pricing tool to seek improvement of efficiencies in reporting process and increase accuracy and level of detail in collection of data to maximize analytical capabilities.
- Facilitate the development of the IT solution for MHUSA in collaboration with FP&A, Brands, Regions and distributors.
- Ensure compliance of distributors’ actual reporting of data with requirements.
Management of pricing tool – control of pricing data completeness and accuracy:
- Control the input of all distributor and retailer pricing data in the pricing tool in collaboration with regional teams (deals, volumes, index guidelines, FTTs, DPPs, RSPs)
- Collaborate with RFMs to monitor the entry of data in the pricing tool to ensure completeness and accuracy of all distributors and retailer pricing data
- Control that FTTs / DPPs entered by regional teams in pricing tool match with budgets & actuals
Analysis of Value Chain data reported by distributors to ensure compliance vs. forecasts:
- Provide mgmt. and regions with detailed view of distributor margin based on data in pricing tool (by state / total distributors by brand).
- Consolidate reporting of actual distributor margins. Provide mgmt. and regional teams with periodic KPI report showing actual margins, FTTs / DPPs along with and key variances vs targets and budgets.
Trade pricing analysis to maximize MHUSA FOBs, realign RSPs and improve effectiveness & ROI of discounts.
- Support RFMs during price increase process to ensure maximization of MHUSA’s FOBs while reaching RSP targets and maintaining distributors’ margins within guidelines.
- Analyze variances between RSPs reported in pricing tool by brand / state vs. guidelines from brand teams. Provide realignment recommendations to minimize pricing corridors between trade sectors and states to EVP of Sales, regional teams and brand groups.
- Provide mgmt. FP&A and regional teams with analysis of ROI of actual FTT and DPP funds spent. Make recommendations to improve effectiveness of distributors’ deal structures and allocation of funds to discount programs.
- Analyze channel profitability and cost of investments in key sectors of the on and off premise business based on FTT and DPP investments.
Education: Undergraduate Degree required
Skills: 4 years experience in financial planning / commercial analysis functions in the wines and Spirits industry, Expert with Excel and Access. Extensive knowledge of Word, Lotus Notes.
Leadership Competencies: good managerial skills (delegation, good listener, pro-active); work well under pressure
Functional Competencies: very strong analytical skills, ability to synthesize and deliver concrete & action oriented recommendations, good listening capacity. Strong verbal/communication skills, prioritize, strong attention to detail
Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.