PLEASE ONLY APPLY VIA: https://www.mpthehaguejobs.com/Movenpick-Hotel-Den-Haag/vacatures/Management-Trainee--JPNLSTKH0.html
Here’s what we did….
We found this great building in the Paleisstraat in The Hague. It needed some work and we decided to rebuild it into a 72 bedroom 4 star boutique hotel with a bar, restaurant, fitness club and some meeting space. Then we added the Mövenpick brand, strong on F&B with a new Mövenpick Coffee & Wine lounge concept.
We have also found the best management team ever. Even though they have a lot of knowledge and are able to manage a lot, they cannot do it on their own. So they need you!!
Here’s what you do....
You will help the General Manager with all kinds of projects. For example, searching for additional information for his descision making, making appointments with business contacts, helping out the Sales manager during Sales blitzes, suporting the rest of the management team with their administrative tasks, checking rooms and helping out in the different outlets.
You are a chameleon, who is flexible and can adapt quick to different situations. You become a person that the whole The Hague team will miss, because of your big support to make this hotel succesful.
Some expectation management (so we’re all on the same page).
- Are currently enrolled in a MBO or HBO hotel/tourism or front office education, and you can’t wait to put the theory into practice!
- Are known as enthusiastic, hospitable, team-builder, stress-resistant and representative (your friends and family are not the only one who will confirm that)
- Have passion for the hospitality industry (we will learn you the etiquettes)
- Do not have to be a specialist already, but you are eager to learn
- Speak and write Dutch and English (kudo’s if you can express yourself in “het Haags”)
- Are available for at least 10 weeks, 5 days per week (We definitely make sure you have enough time left to spend with your friends & family)
And what do you get out of this? An experience of a life time!
We wanted to leave it at that, but we do understand this experience does not pay your bills and as we are a member of Koninklijke Horeca Nederland and operate according the Dutch labor agreement, we decided to offer you:
- a trainee allowance of €500,- per month
- Exciting Pre-opening experience
- A dynamic internship where you will experience the whole Food & Beverage department. (You will learn everything from A-Z)
- Many training possibilities through the Accor Academy (you will never stop learning)
- Discounts on Rooms and Food & Beverage within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts and Accor Services
- Excellent international career development opportunities after your internship (because after this internship you can take on the whole world!)
So, would you like to become GM one day? This is the perfect job for you.
And a serious note (so you know we’re serious when it comes to business):
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts makes moments by doing ordinary things in an extraordinary way. Providing an upscale, relaxed and uncomplicated guest experience, Mövenpick recognises that small gestures make a big difference. Whether it is chocolate hour every afternoon, customised sleep technology to ensure a restful night or specially created fun and healthy kids’ menus, Mövenpick creates a human and warm environment for guests, business partners and employees. Committed to sustainable practices and caring for its local communities, Mövenpick is the most Green Globe certified hotel brand in the world. Founded in Switzerland in 1973, but with a heritage of food and beverage excellence stretching back to the 1940s, Mövenpick holds a growing portfolio of more than 80 hotels in 24 countries. Mövenpick is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel and lifestyle group which invites travellers to feel welcome at more than 4,500 hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest private homes around the globe.
- Job type
- The Hague, Netherlands
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
A global firm with Swiss roots and a restaurant and hospitality heritage that dates back to the 1940s, our approach to service has remained consistent; warm, intuitive, personal and uniquely ‘Mövenpick’. We also embrace innovation to meet ever-changing guest needs and continue to celebrate our rich culinary legacy, setting trends but never compromising on quality and authenticity. An international company with a growing footprint, we take a sustainable and responsible approach, caring for local communities and protecting the environment in the destinations where we operate.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s most reputable upscale hotel management companies. Since it was established in 1973, the hospitality firm has expanded its international presence and today, manages 20,000-plus rooms in more than 80 hotels across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. With ambitious plans to further expand its footprint across these continents, the company is on track to meet its target of operating 125 properties by 2020. The company’s global workforce of 16,000 hospitality professionals are trained to ensure Mövenpick’s traditional Swiss values are always upheld, guaranteeing the 7.5 million guests who stay with us every year are well looked after.