F&B Team Leader- Jumeirah Group Dubai
About the job
Today, Jumeirah is a Dubai national champion and an acclaimed luxury hospitality leader operating 24 Jumeirah branded properties in eight countries, employing more than 13,500 colleagues from across 140 nationalities.
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for highly talented and experienced F&B Team Leaders to join Jumeirah Hotels and Resorts in Dubai on either a seasonal (6-months) or full time basis. The purpose of this role is to supervise all operational aspects of a specific outlet(s) within the F&B department including the development and performance management of colleagues, optimizing profits and increasing sales. Furthermore, a F&B team leader supervises scheduled shifts, ensures guest satisfaction, and oversees all operational issues ensuring Jumeirah's Standard Operation Procedures are met and value is added to the F&B objectives. The team leader assumes full responsibility of a specific shift in the absence of the Outlet Manager / Assistant Outlet Manager.
Your main duties will include the following:
- Supervises effectiveness of workflow and sequence of service during service periods and provides constant hands-on support
- Supervises closely and monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with Jumeirah Cashiering Procedures
- Monitor customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints ensuring Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah procedures for CSI and Compliant Handling are followed
- Informs Outlet Manager / Assistant Manager of any complaints, negative feedback from guest after they first try to resolve
- Actively uses the database of customer details / history to assist in guest recognition
- Advices the Outlet Manager / Assistant Manager of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to SOPs or addition / deletion of SOPs
- Conduct performance evaluations of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues
- Responsible to assist management in the identification and recognition of any example of “excellence in service or teamwork”
- Assist in controlling department forms and records according to the Jumeirah standards for Document Control
- Number of positions: 10
- 2000–4500 AED + non-contracted service charge, tips, and language allowance (if applicable)
- fully furnished shared accommodation (2 in 1) / live out allowance
- About the benefits: This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, bi-annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, visa under Jumeirah sponsorship, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Department: F&B service
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the passion for consistent high-quality guest service. You will preferably possess a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a 5-star hotel or similar environment and completed secondary education.
You should have an excellent interpersonal and guest service ability. It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and an additional language (i.e. French, German, Italian, Spanish, Arabic or Russian).
- Language required: English. Arabic, German, Spanish, French, Italian, and Russian are a plus
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
Set across its own private beach, Madinat Jumeirah Resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah comprises four grand hotels: Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Naseem, and Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf.
Madinat Jumeirah features over 50 restaurants and bars, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3 kilometres of waterways and landscaped gardens.