At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
An opportunity has arisen for a Guest Services Executive to join Transportation department in Madinat Jumeirah. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Provide daily handover. Check for pending transfer conformation and follow ups.
- Prime responsibility is to ensure transfer enquires are replied in a professional and timely manner and adhering to the Madinat Jumeirah and Jumeirah Standards
- Ensure the transfer request is updated in TMS, opera including the profit package for comp or inclusive transfers .
- Compare the TMS report, opera transfer report and traces on daily basis for additional, last minute requests updated in opera or any special remarks.
- Co-ordinate with the Team leaders and check the availability of the vehicles and number of transfer requests for the next 2 days in order to outsource cars in advance.
- Update the transfer details in the job card and Ensure all the information on the Transport Movement Sheet is correct and accurate.
- Coordinates with Team leaders to ensure transfer charges are updated accurately in the Job card,
- Handle billing and cashiering, Post charges in Opera and rebate charges upon approval from Management.
- Coordinate with other departments and airport services team to ensure smooth transfers.
- Prepare the PPI/ Transfer documents (misc. vouchers email correspondence opera screen shot for both Chargeable and Inc/Comp transfer) and drop to finance on daily basis.
- Keep track of all the transport requests on daily basis
- Ensure all posting of charges is completed
- All miscellaneous vouchers to be posted on time
- If there is any cash received from guest to make sure it is posted with Reception immediately.
- PPI is dropped to finance on daily basis.
- Check the traces, opera report for the day and the next 2 days and update in Transport movement sheet and to coordinate with team leader to outsource transfers 3 to4 days in advance.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in similar role.
- At least secondary school diploma or degree
- Excellent English communication skills
- Good knowledge of OPERA (PMS) and proficient in MS Office application.
- Outgoing personality with ability to communicate with guests and colleagues
- Additional language is an added value
This position offers a competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Front Office concierge
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Madinat Jumeirah features over 50 restaurants and bars, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3 kilometres of waterways and landscaped gardens.