About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Kitchen Technician to join Engineering department in Madinat Jumeirah. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
Your main duties will include:
- To carry out repairs, maintenance and installation to all related plant and equipment.
- To complete work orders, PPMs, CWAs as directed.
- To select correct materials from engineering stores.
- To organise work in a skilled and professional manner.
- To advise supervisor colleagues promptly of any problems or failures.
- To ensure safe working conditions for yourself and your colleagues and report to senior colleagues any unsafe working conditions.
- To ensure that work areas are left in a safe and tidy condition.
- Read and understand basic drawings
- To use mechanical/electrical test equipment and instruments.
- Work on own initiative without full detailed supervision or direction.
- Request support and direction as needed.
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering department policies, processes and procedures.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of one year experience working as Kitchen Technician in a five star hotel or 5 years in general engineering services.
- You must have also a general knowledge in Mechanical, Plumbing and other trades
- Should have good knowledge about computer base planed preventive maintenance.
- You must have certificate/diploma or degree in engineering related trades with good verbal and written communication skills
About the Benefits:
This position offers a competitive salary and package which includes: shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Madinat Jumeirah features over 50 restaurants and bars, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3 kilometres of waterways and landscaped gardens.