At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Technician (Abra & Buggy), to join Engineering department in Jumeirah Al Naseem. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To service all Abra & buggies and engines as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- To maintain all safety equipment to international standards and report any defect immediately.
- Complete all planned maintenance reports and spare part ordering to maintain equipment to first class operating condition. Any modifications to the equipment to improve safety and reliability to be performed ASAP.
- Advises on the need for purchase of special paints, thinners, brushes, rollers and other materials necessary to the job.
- Assists other employees in the department as required.
- To carry out repairs, maintenance work as directed
- To complete work orders, PPMs, CWAs as directed.
- To select correct materials from engineering stores.
- To advise supervisor colleagues promptly of any problems.
- To ensure safe working conditions for yourself and your colleagues and report to senior colleagues of any unsafe working conditions.
- To ensure that work areas are left in a safe and tidy condition.
- Work on own initiative without full detailed supervision or direction.
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering Department policies, processes and procedures.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 year experience as a Buggy and Abra Technician or similar role in a hospitality environment
- Certificate/Diploma in Engineering related fields. At least 1 year formal training (certified)
- Experienced in computer based planned preventive maintenance
- Knowledge in FLS, High-rise building systems and work order system
- Good English communication skills
This position offers a competitive salary and package which includes; fully furnished shared accommodation, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Madinat Jumeirah features over 50 restaurants and bars, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3 kilometres of waterways and landscaped gardens.