At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Al Naseem has 430 luxurious rooms and suites, complete with walk-in rain showers, floor-to-ceiling windows and private outdoor terraces. The hotel is set among lush, landscaped gardens and offers three large swimming pools, as well as private beach access. Two banqueting rooms, each measuring 75 square metres, will complement the existing conference and events facilities at Madinat Jumeirah.
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join Guest Relations department in Jumeirah Al Naseem. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Assist Guest Service Executives in their daily work and to deal with any problems or guest complaints in a professional and efficient manner.
- Monitor performance of Guest Service Executives and provide feedback & coaching to ensure they are maintaining defined hotel standards
- Ensure amenities are ordered on daily basis
- Ensure welcome drinks & face towels have been prepared for the current shift
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements by spot checking labels on the refrigerators and maintaining the temperature records four times per day as per HACCP requirement
- Maintain high standards of efficiency on collecting arrival times and departure times by assisting and coaching the team on pre arrival calls or departure calls
- Ensure all of our in house VIP guests are being contacted on daily basis
- Monitor VIP guests requirements and liaise with respective departments of the hotel to ensure all guest’s requirements are arranged
- Inspect all VIP arrival rooms to ensure amenities and special requirements are in place
- Facilitate directions to our arriving guest on different venues and timings around Madinat Jumeirah
- Be fully aware at all times of our current CSI, Trip Advisor and KPI goals and targets
- Prepare, coordinate and welcome all arriving FAM trips or small groups
- Assist in scheduling colleagues effectively, including track of extra hours when approved and all types of leaves
- Prepare GIS for top VIPs
- Efficiently allocate colleagues to different task to maximize productivity of the department
- Familiarize him/ herself and share with the team at all times the latest events taking place in Madinat Jumeirah and any current special offers within the resort
- Be aware of the departmental budget and assist in maximizing room revenue, at the same time as departmental expenses are kept under control
- Upsell rooms, suites, breakfast packages and restaurants within the resort
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 2 year experience in a five star hotel Front Office.
- Good knowledge in Opera system
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent English communication skills
- Outgoing personality with an ability to communicate with guests effectively
- Additional language (Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese or Arabic) is an added value
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Madinat Jumeirah features over 50 restaurants and bars, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3 kilometres of waterways and landscaped gardens.