At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join Housekeeping department in Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Liaises and cooperate with front office to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the department.
- Liaises with banqueting and the food and beverage department in order to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the department.
- Is constantly aware of the room status to obtain maximum vacant rooms for sale.
- Liaise and cooperate with the engineering department for all maintenance repairs to be done in the various areas.
- Completes daily checks of all guest rooms on allocated section and report discrepancies found.
- Checks VIP rooms prior to guest arrival and thereafter daily to ensure that the standard is maintained for the duration of the guest stay.
- Ensures that pantries are properly stocked with linen, guest supplies, cleaning supplies according to the established par stock.
- Ensures all deep cleaning programmes are carried out as per set schedules.
- Ensures that plants and flowers are looking fresh and in good condition and to inform the florist of any touch ups that need to be done.
- Understands and adheres to all fire safety procedures.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments/ colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring they have been understood.
- To train and coach all housekeeping attendants according to the monthly training plan set-up by the departmental trainer.
- Assists in all inventories, which are conducted on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Ensures that a complete handover is done at the end of every shift, logging any relevant information or requests.
In order to be considered for this role you must have at least 2 years experience as Team Leader or similar role in a 5 star hotel. You must have certificate/diploma or degree in Hospitality Management with excellent English skills. You must have excellent knowledge in chemicals and equipment used in Housekeeping. You must be a task trainer or able to handle trainings. Basic knowledge in Opera - Housekeeping is an added advantage.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a competitive salary and package which includes: shared accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, flight allowance every 2 years, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and
leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Management, Housekeeping
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Madinat Jumeirah features over 50 restaurants and bars, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3 kilometres of waterways and landscaped gardens.