Senior Sales Manager, Group
At Fairmont Raffles Hotels Makkah, the Group Senior Sales Manager will aim to achieve and surpass the agreed targets for the Sales Team through effective selling and development of existing and new business opportunities. Through innovative sales techniques and individual style the sales manager will seek to maximize room nights and revenue for all three properties in Makkah
Hotel Overview: The group position oversees the three brand hotels in the Holy City of Makkah including: Raffles Makkah Palace, Swissotel Makkah and the iconic Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. This trilogy of hotels anchor the Abraj Al Bait Complex, adjacent to the Masjid al Haram, which houses the Kaaba, the holiest site in Islam
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Handle all aspects of Sales for groups for a specific, assigned market
- Develop and maintain customer base in all assigned markets.
- Exceed personal sales goals, monthly, quarterly, annually, through account development and maintenance.
- Attend Sales Meetings, office events, hotel-sponsored functions, industry functions.
- Develop lead sources and rapport with key personnel, Fairmont Global Sales Office sellers and assigned client base.
- Coordinate and financially manage sales trips, and conventions within the given territory, including reports or activity pertaining to the specific market.
- Maintain active membership in industry related organizations and associations pertaining to the specific market.
- Mentor and provide best practices for the Team
- Support goals, objectives and philosophies of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Company
- Develop monthly sales strategy and action plans with quarterly quotas (Room Nights/sales activities), and develop rapport with relevant Fairmont Global Sales Office(s), key partners in travel and tourism related industries/travel bureau
- Keep accurate records of potential customers & follow through on all potential business
- Quote and negotiate prices within established parameters
- Upon closing, coordinate and follow up with convention services, catering and/or other hotel departments to ensure delivery of hotel's promised services
- Utilize Opera Sales & Catering to track, solicit, book and follow up accounts
- Collect market and competitive intelligence to asses and implement strategy and long term goals
- Assist as directed, in the planning and strategies of the Group Sales effort, with development of competitive intelligence and in the preparation of the Marketing plan, especially as it relates to the group segment
- Handle special projects as assigned in a timely manner
- Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of hotel sales or meeting management experience.
- Strong prospecting and contract negotiation skills.
- A passion for guest service and excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- College/University degree in related discipline an asset.
- Ability to travel if necessary
- Knowledge of Hotel sales and catering software/systems is required.
Visa Requirements: Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Living & Working at Fairmont Makkah: Satisfying our Guests is important to us, and we extend these values to our colleagues as well. We offer competitive salaries, top market service charge, gratuities, quality medical benefits and furnished accommodation. It is important to note that there are currently no income taxes in the Saudi Arabia! Makkah Clock Royal Tower-A Fairmont Hotel offers you an unparalleled opportunity to provide top-tier hospitality and spiritual service to visitors of the holiest city in the world for Muslims. To find out more, please visit the following sites:
Ahlan Wa Sahlan, Welcome to Makkah
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FRHI HOTELS & RESORTS
Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont HotelThe Fairmont Hotel under the moniker at Makkah Clock Royal Tower it will serve as the iconic flagship property within the Abraj Al Bait complex, and has quickly become one of the iconic hotels within the Fairmont Brand. Dominating the skyline of new Makkah, the hotel boasts dedicated floors for the exclusive use of Saudi Royalty and Muslim diplomatic delegations. Extensive meeting and banquet facilities - a first for Makkah it will allow Fairmont the ability to drive meetings and incentive business into the hotel. This hotel also includes branded residential units and a total of 1503 units
Raffles Makkah PalaceAn unrivalled 214 all-suite hotel within an immaculate and intimately opulent sanctuary with full views of the Masjid al Haram . The Raffles Makkah Palace will focus on providing attentive yet discrete service with an innate understanding of the needs and wants of the elite and discerning Muslim traveler.
Swissotel MakkahThe Swissotel Makkah is the largest property amongst the Abraaj Al Bait complex with 1487 rooms and suites. This property will offer pilgrims and Umrah groups a refined upscale experience in the holy city with its renowned Swiss hospitality
- Job type
- الهجلة, مكة, Saudi Arabia
- Starting in
- As soon as possible