Malmaison & Frasers
About the job
About the Role
OTE up to £11.60 Per Hour (Inc Loyalty Bonus), Casual Hours
Being a Concierge combines customer service & front of house with driver & valeting duties.
You are our first impression…
We are looking for experienced Concierge to join our friendly team here at Malmaison Oxford. The successful candidate will be Welcoming our guests as they arrive outside the property, assisting them with their luggage and taking responsibility parking their cars is just the start. You will have just as much interaction with our guests as any other team member, if not more than any other team member. You will be setting the tone for our guests stay at Malmaison and as a result must be passionate about hospitality and delivering amazing service to our guests with a big smile.
- Excellent telephone manner and good communication skills
- Have good computer knowledge
- Professional in attitude and appearance at all times
- Deal with all enquiries and requests in a timely manner
- Arranging taxis, collecting & delivering luggage, booking attraction tickets to recommending places to eat
- Allocation and monitoring of parking vehicle's
- Assist with check in and check out of guests
- Be a team player
Working as part of the front of house team you will be able to assist on check in and check out and room guests as they start their stay.
Local knowledge is an advantage as directions to the nearest attractions will be regularly asked as will questions about the history of the Hotel - don't worry we can help you learn all about Oxford, the unique features in the property and the attractions in the area. Booking tickets or recommending places to eat – no guest needs to worry as you will be on hand to assist!
A full clean driving license is required for this role and for Insurance Purposes you must be over 25.
Progression into a front office position is available for the right candidate
In addition to competitive rates of pay we offer:
- Heavily discounted Staff Room Rates at Malmaison, Hotel du Vin and Frasers Hospitality with rooms available from £40 per night.
- Discounted Friends and Family Room Rate with 50% off best available rate.
- 35% off your bill when you dine in our Brasseries and Bistros
- Fully funded Apprenticeship programmes that support you in developing your career
- High Street Discounts on a range of high street shops, experiences, holidays and much much more
- Cycle to work scheme – save up to 40% on a wide range of bikes
- Healthcare Cash Plans - dental, optical, medical and more available from £5 per month
- Referral schemes that pay up to £1500 (just for getting your mates jobs!)
- A decent uniform that doesn’t make you look like an extra from a 70s TV sitcom.
- We have a Wellness & National Campaign Days Calendar which promotes and encourages activities like – Pay Day Lunches/Treats, National Popcorn Day, Mental Health Awareness week and more
- We work with Wagestream giving instant access to your pay as it’s earnt. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real time, stream up to 50% of the money you’re already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save direct from your salary
- We offer a Loyalty Bonus that pays up to 50% of your monthly salary every 6 months – just for doing your job 😊
- We also offer complimentary stays on your 1st, 3rd and 5th anniversary with Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
- We are a proud sponsor of The Burnt Chef Project raising money whilst developing our own Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) – we have fully qualified MHFA in each property
- Employee Assistance Programme – free, confidential advice available 24/7 to you and your family
Our Sustainability Goals:
- 100% of our electricity is generated using renewable energy with most of it coming from Wind Farms around the UK
- We recycle a minimum of 70% of the waste from our hotels. This target is achieved by everyone I the hotel focusing on the waste we produce and is championed by our Sustainability Council who work on project year round
- We have moved to a chemical free cleaning system in our bedrooms and public areas and an enzyme based eco-friendly system for our kitchens.
- Volunteer to work for sustainable charities 2 days per year on full pay instead of your normal workplace
Interested?? Click Apply Now
Frasers Hospitality, Malmaison & Hotel Du Vin are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Department: Concierge