Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
The Arabic Chef will assume full responsibility of all related operational, administrative and financial aspects for the culinary operation of the hotel restaurants.
- Oversee all operational and administrative culinary aspects of hotel restaurants as appropriate and be able to prioritise the required level of engagement in multiple areas depending on business volumes and other related parameters.
- Work closely with the respective Restaurant Manager and Executive Sous Chef to plan menus, prices and promotional events for the Restaurants in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities in line with market demands.
- Regularly review menus in regard to popularity of dishes, food cost and season with the respective Restaurant Manager and suggest new menu proposals to the Executive Chef.
- Ensure plating guides are up to date and distributed appropriately.
- Ensure that all plating guides are followed according to set dish description, cooking method and presentation image.
- Support Restaurant Manager in overview of all IG point of sales related set ups and carry out regular checks on accuracy of all items.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in food and beverage quality by reviewing various quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans accordingly, also in cooperation with the respective Restaurant Manager.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the Food and Beverage division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all colleagues at any time.
- Train, evaluate and schedule all colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards, policies and as per the overall business requirements.
- Liaise with the Learning & Development Manager on departmental learning and development needs for all colleagues of the restaurants and oversee the overall training activities of the outlets including a heavy involvement in class room training, role plays and on the job trainings.
- Oversee preparation of weekly roster.
- Observe all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly.
- Support the Chief Steward in creating the cleaning and side duty schedules for all positions and ensure compliance and follow through.
- Oversee and follow through the food safety standards set by Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Safe & Sound and through the local UAE Municipality rules and regulation.
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the Kitchens and Stewarding area at all times and carry out daily checks and monthly walk-throughs with the respective stewarding and engineering colleagues. Follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
- Ensure proper care, security and maintenance of all hotel equipment through attentive supervision.
- Ensure that all buffet displays are food safe, creative, clean and with attention to detail as per set standards by the Executive Chef.
- Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
Education & Certificates
- High School qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Culinary arts.
- Experienced Arabic Chef in a luxury restaurant/resort is a MUST.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
- Hotel pre-opening experience is preferred.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible