- It is part of your role to understand and disseminate/communicate all corporate and hotel policies and standard operating procedures to the colleagues.
- MOHG Code of Conduct requires that all business activities and business decisions comply with the general law, with all rules, regulations, and other requirements.
- It is part of your strategy to fully understand and support in all aspects the Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai Human Resources Strategic Policy.
- It is part of your role and your responsibility to fully support all learning and development activities.
- You shall take all reasonable steps to safeguard stored information, and not divulge or otherwise transfer any personal data concerning the guests, customers or colleagues, or any confidential information concerning the hotel unless with the appropriate authority.
- Use of the hotel’s network, computers or internet access which is in the hotel’s view unreasonable or inappropriate, for example gambling, chatroom, or pornographic material, is a serious breach of hotel policy and grounds for summary dismissal.
- Support and adhere to all policies & procedures relating to Safe, Sound and Sustainable at Mandarin Oriental.
- Ensure compliance with the MOHG Social Media Policy, i.e. to be fully responsible for the content you publish on any social media platform, including your personal site.
- Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai has zero tolerance on all forms of harassment or discrimination, i.e. it is strictly forbidden to discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, including physical or medical condition, race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or for any other reason.
- Act as a hotel ambassador at all times.
- To carry out any additional duties requested by management, related to hotel operational activities.
- Follow the principle of the 5Ps ‘Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance’ at all times and for all activities.
- Support the manager in all operational and administrative aspects of the operation as appropriate and be able to prioritise with the involvement in the overall beverage and cigar related matters throughout the hotel and take charge of the outlet and the department in his absence.
- Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place at all times.
- Work closely with the management of Mandarin to provide a good synergy between the outlets.
- Support the manager to supervise the side duty schedules for all positions and ensure compliance and follow through.
- Support the manager to supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the outlet at all times and as assigned carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
- Oversee the daily operation of the outlet and manage shifts effectively to assure a smooth and effective overall operation.
- Maintain a good relationship and steady communication with the Chef de Cuisine and his team, particularly during operation hours.
- Ensure that reservations are managed well within the outlet and seating capacities are effectively maximised.
- Assist the manager to ensure accuracy of all beverage, wine and cigar menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and ascertain menu description are up to date and distributed appropriately in the Outlet.
- Support the manager in planning and executing wine and beverage promotions together with the Sommelier and regularly update the Standard Drinks Appearance file (SDA).
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and share observations and recommendations with the manager.
- Support the manager to maintain a clear overview of all IG point of sales related set ups and carry out regular check on accuracy of all items.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices with regard to the Jardine audit related requirements for F&B outlets.
- Oversee and maintain solid records of all Annual Leave and Public Holiday clearance and assure none are accumulated within the outlet.
- Support the manager in monitoring the monthly P&L and carry out regular detailed analysis of outlet related financial information.
- Assist the manager to plan and execute special promotional activities for the outlets and plan for festive season events related to the outlet.
- Observe the competition, current market and international trends, prices with the market and other new ideas and forward them to the manager.
- Attend and participate all required meetings as scheduled.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all outlet colleagues at any time, particularly during the operation hours.
- Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Assist the manager to prepare a weekly roster to schedule all colleagues effectively to maintain the service standards of Mandarin Oriental while operating within budgeted labour cost guidelines and headcounts, depending on the business volume.
- Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai’s procedures.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Being fully involved in the service and show strong presence to customers on the floor.
- Being able to professionally dissolve critical situations, such as intoxicated guests or aggressive behaviour
- Personally monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are dining in the outlet.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the outlet.
- Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management.
- Specific diploma in wines and beverages is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Assistant Bar Manager in a luxury standalone bar or luxury hotel.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America, and the Middle East.
- Hotel or Bar pre-opening experience is preferred.
- Creative, innovative and thinks outside the box.
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service through own initiative and through driving and motivating his/her team accordingly.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
With a pristine oceanfront setting, Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai is a stylish urban resort overlooking the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf and Dubai’s glittering skyline, which is dominated by Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. The hotel's beachfront location and open air facilities are designed to bring a new level of relaxed luxury to the city.