Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
The Assistant Restaurant Manager will support the Restaurant Manager in all related operational, administrative and financial aspects of the outlet and assumes full responsibility in his/her absence.Responsibilities
- Support the Restaurant Manager in all operational and administrative aspects of the restaurant.
- Prioritise the required level of engagement depending on the business volumes and other related parameters.
- Take charge of the outlet and the department in the Restaurant Manager’s absence.
- Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place always.
- Support the Restaurant Manager to supervise the side duty schedules for all positions and ensure compliance and follow through.
- Support the Restaurant Manager to supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the outlet always and as assigned carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
- Oversee the daily operation of the outlet and manage shifts effectively to assure a smooth and effective overall operation.
- Maintain a good relationship and steady communication with the Chef de Cuisine and his team, particularly during operation hours.
- Ensure that reservations are managed well within the outlet and seating capacities are effectively maximised.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and share observations and recommendations with the outlet manager.
- Support the Restaurant Manager to maintain a clear overview of all IG point of sales related set ups and carry out regular check on accuracy of all items.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and ascertain menu description are up to date and distributed appropriately.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices about the Jardine accounting related requirements for F&B outlets.
- Oversee and maintain solid records of all Annual Leave and Public Holiday clearance and assure none are accumulated within the outlet.
- Support the Restaurant Manager in monitoring the monthly P&L and carry out regular detailed analysis of outlet related financial information.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager to plan and execute special promotional activities for the outlets and plan for festive season events related to the outlet.
- Observe the competition, current market and international trends, prices with the market and other new ideas and forward them to the Restaurant Manager.
- Attend and participate all required meetings as scheduled.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all outlet colleagues at any time, particularly during the operation hours.
- Ensure that MOHG’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained always to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager to prepare a weekly roster to schedule all colleagues effectively to maintain the service standards of Mandarin Oriental while operating within budgeted labour cost guidelines and headcounts, depending on the business volume.
- Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s procedures.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Being fully involved in the service and show strong presence to customers on the floor.
- Personally, monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the restaurants.
- Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written.
Education & Certificates
- High School qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience as an assistant restaurant manager in a luxury hotel or high-end independent restaurant.
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East.
- Restaurant pre-opening experience is a MUST.
Operational and Management Skills
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service through own initiative and through driving and motivating the team accordingly.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Familiar with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures.
- Knowledge of Fine Dining service procedures and standards as well as casual dining procedures.
- Well organized and possess a solid administrative capability.
- Proven ability to successfully support, motivate and lead a large and diverse team.
- Ability to organize large projects and events with guidance of the restaurant manager.
- Able to use documented performance management systems and handling disciplinary processes with guidance of the restaurant manager.
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP preferred.
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent.
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
- Able to empower colleagues and communicate clearly with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Strong on the job and classroom style training skills.
- Able to support the restaurant manager to constantly update all training materials and keep good track of all training activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible