Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
Responsible for all aspects of managing the cleanliness, hygiene and safe environment of the back of house of the food and beverage area. Ensuring the quality of the cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in accordance’s to local UAE rules and regulation in addition to Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group standard.Responsibilities
- Oversee all operational and administrative aspects of the stewarding department to support Food & Beverage and Culinary as appropriate and to be able to prioritise the required level of engagement in all areas depending on business volume and other related parameters.
- To ensure all related procedures, methods and standards within the department are in accordance to local UAE law, rules and regulations.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B and culinary division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- To ensure stewarding outsourced personnel performs their job in achieving clean, hygienic and safe environment in all back of house areas.
- Oversee the removal of garbage and its disposal.
- Liaise with the Executive Chef/Sous Chef and all outlet managers to discuss any requirements needed and solve any operational issues on daily basis.
- Liaise with all Head Chefs and Outlet Managers to ensure their respective areas are compliant with all related food safety and hygiene standards.
- Work closely with all Outlet Managers and Outlet Head Chefs to support their plan on establishing menus, prices and promotional events in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities in line with market demand.
- Liaise with engineering colleagues to ensure that all cleaning machines, dishwashers and any other related equipment are properly maintained and in good working order.
- Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental procedures.
- Conduct daily meetings with the team and provide a regular forum for two-way communication with the whole team.
- Maintain close liaison with vendors and any hotel business partners.
- Find ways to improve efficiency of the operations that will benefit our customers and colleagues.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
Financial and administrative aspects:
- Monitor and control monthly cost of chemicals, cleaning tools and consumable supplies to ensure the expenses are in line with the budget.
- Ensure report expenses of stewarding outsource are in time with the date given and agreed by finance department.
- Set and regularly update operating supplies par stock with food and beverage manager and outlet managers.
- Carry out periodic inventories to determine their usage and make requisitions for replacement of operating equipment.
- Must be responsible for safekeeping of all operating supplies and equipment in the store, proper accounting of quantities, ensuring quality of products are meeting specifications and tidiness of the storages.
- Control and monitor daily issuance of chemicals and to ensure that usage of the chemicals is compatible with their purpose.
- Observe all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly.
- Responsible and accountable for departmental operating equipment and supplies budget.
- Plan and maintain strategy for breakage and loss of the hotel’s operating supplies and equipment to keep them to the minimum.
- To find a method of reducing costs of all related stewarding supplies without affecting the level of service and quality.
- Maintain solid record of annual leave and public holidays clearance and assure that accumulated is kept to the minimum.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices with regard to the Jardine accounting related requirements for stewarding administration.
Fire, Life, Health, Safety, Security and Environment Duties:
- Attend and contribute necessary statistics and information to the monthly HACCP & FLHSSE meetings.
- Provide monthly reports and analysis related to waste management, recycling, and breakage to support the FLHSS system procedures.
- Liaise with pest control personnel in related to pest control activities and treatments in back of house of food and beverage areas.
- To attend monthly meetings with pest control contractor and any related department involved to discuss any pest issues and plan accordingly by finding the best solution.
- Carry out weekly/monthly walk-throughs with the respective Outlet Manager, Outlet Head Chef and Duty/Shift leader of engineering colleagues to ensure all equipment and cleanliness in their respective area are in good working order, clean and hygienic according to FLHSSE Mandarin Oriental.
- Carry out daily check/walk-throughs to ensure all kitchens and show kitchens are kept in excellent condition.
- Support F&B and Culinary team with any additional last-minute requirements for any operating equipment.
- Attend and participate in all meetings as required.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Executive Chef or the Director of Food & Beverage from time to time.
Education & Certificates
- High School qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as Chief Steward/Back of House Manager or 5 years of experience as Assistant Chief Steward/Assistant Back of House Manager in a high end five-star luxury hotel.
- Work experience in the UAE is preferred.
- Certified supervising food safety in catering level 3 or Serve Safe certificated is preferred.
- Hotel pre-opening or renovation experience is preferred.
Operational and Management Skills
- Ability to understand costumer needs and expectations and to deliver superior service through own initiative and through driving and motivating the team accordingly.
- To ensure all related procedures, methods and standards within the department in line with hotel and local regulations guidelines.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Knowledgeable about proper handling of Dishwashing Machines and Chemicals.
- Extremely organized and possess solid administrative capability.
- Proven ability to successfully support, motivate and lead a large and diverse team.
- Strong ability to schedule colleagues effectively and plan according to business requirements
- Ability to organize large projects and outside catering events.
- Able to use documented performance management systems and handling disciplinary processes.
- Able to carry out periodic inventories to determine their usage and making requisitions for replacements of operating equipment’s.
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety is essential.
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
- Able to empower colleagues and communicate clearly with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Strong on the job and classroom style training skills.
- Able to constantly update all training materials and keep good track of all training activities.
- Qualified trainer and able to empower colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible