Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
The Bar Manager will assume full responsibility of all related operational, administrative and financial aspects of the bar and will be fully responsible for the overall beverage program of the hotel and the implementation and maintenance of cocktail and beverage menus. They will be responsible for the hotel wine program as well, and work closely with the Sommelier.
- Oversee all operational and administrative aspects of the bar as appropriate and be able to prioritise with the involvement in the overall beverage and cigar related matters throughout the hotel.
- Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place at all times.
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the bar at all times and carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
- Work closely with the respective Chef de Cuisine to plan menus, prices and promotional events for the outlet in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities in line with market demands.
- Ensure accuracy of all beverage, wine and cigar menus in the bar and work closely with the Sommelier and the outlet managers together to plan and execute wine and beverage promotions and keep the beverage and wine menu updated.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and ascertain menu descriptions are up to date and distributed appropriately.
- Source suitable complimentary snacks and create appropriate standard presentations for those for the bar environments within the hotel.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans accordingly, also in cooperation with the respective Chef de cuisine and the outlet managers.
- Ensure that the host/hostess has scanned the provided Passport or Emirates Identification Card in order to adhere the law.
- Work closely with the Director of Security and the Hotel Duty Managers to assure a smooth and save operation of the bar.
- Set up the required formats and carry out or supervise daily and monthly inventories of the bars in the hotel.
- Maintain solid records of all Annual Leave and Public Holiday clearance and assure none are accumulated within the outlet.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings as scheduled.
Financial and administrative aspects of the role:
- Create and regularly update a beverage costing sheet of all beverages available in the hotel.
- Work closely with the purchasing team and respective beverage suppliers to assure best possible supply and cost of all required beverages in the hotel.
- Manage and set up the beverage related aspects of the ordering system.
- Observe all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly.
- Maintain a clear overview of all IG point of sales related set ups and carry out regular check on accuracy of all items.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices with regard to the Jardine audit related requirements for F&B outlets.
- Monitor the monthly P&L and carry out regular detailed analysis of outlet related financial information and manage the beverage cost through regular reviews.
- Carry out a quarterly analysis of all beverage sales throughout the hotel.
- Prepare annual CAPEX recommendations for all F&B outlets for review by Director of F&B
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all bar colleagues at any time.
- Train, evaluate and schedule all colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards, policies and as per the overall business requirements.
- Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Prepare a weekly roster to schedule all colleagues effectively to maintain the service standards of Mandarin Oriental while operating within budgeted labour cost guidelines and headcounts, depending on the business volume.
- Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s procedures.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Work very closely with materials management, outlet managers, the sommeliers and the bartenders of each outlet to assure maximum efficiency for all beverage related matters.
- Personally monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are patronising the bar.
- Being able to professionally dissolve critical situations, such as intoxicated guests or aggressive behaviour in the bar.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the bar.
- Personally consult guests where required to accommodate their beverage preferences.
- Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written.
Education & Certificates
- High School qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management.
- Specific diploma in wines and beverages is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Bar Manager in a luxury standalone bar or luxury hotel.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America, and the Middle East.
- Hotel or Bar pre-opening experience is preferred.
Operational and Management Skills
- Creative, innovative and thinks outside the box.
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service through own initiative and through driving and motivating his/her team accordingly.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Experience with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures.
- Solid knowledge of Bar service procedures and standards as well as good knowledge of spirits and cigars.
- Extremely organized and possess a solid administrative capability.
- Proven ability to successfully support, motivate and lead a large and diverse team.
- Ability to organize large projects and events.
- Solid background of creating creative cocktail, mocktails and beverage menus as well as respective recipes with pricing and beverage descriptions/beverage guides.
- Able to use documented performance management systems and handling disciplinary processes.
- Proven ability to maintain beverage costing sheets.
- Knowledge of Material Management and inventory management.
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP preferred.
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent.
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
- Develop team members at all time.
- Able to empower colleagues and communicate clearly with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Strong on the job and classroom style training skills.
- Able to constantly update all training materials and keep good track on all training activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible