• Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to the guests.
• Knowledge of mixing and matching ingredients to offer an outstanding selection of creative cocktails, non-alcoholic drinks, spirits, beers and wines and be able to garnish all drinks as per the given standards and explain their characteristics. Support the outlet manager when required to train colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards and policies and regularly update the Standard Drink Appearance file (SDA).
• If necessary be able to personally interact and recommend suitable drinks for guest.
• Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written and report to managers without fail.
• Set up daily bar counter and ensure that mise en place and any other required ingredients and equipment are prepared in order to work as efficient as possible.
• All bottles and ingredients should be set up as per the bar’s standard to assure they are in easy reach and facilitate effective service.
• Assure that all beverages, such as wines or juices are fresh and in good order to be served.
• Assist the Bar Supervisor and manager to create new mixed drinks and cocktails for promotional activity and new menus.
• Is well trained in offering and serving cigars as per standards.
• Check the inventory daily before each shift to assure correct amounts are stocked up to avoid running out of stock during service periods.
• Assist in carrying out monthly inventories together with the Bar Supervisor and managers.
• Responsible for checking the temperature of the bar fridges and follow the First in, First Out standards.
• Assure that correct date labelling is always in place for all related products.
• Clean and sanitize the bar areas after each shift and when required.
• Carry out periodic deep cleaning of all related bar areas including storage facilities and fridges.
• Operate the required steps on the point of sales system in order to process food and beverage orders.
• If requested being able to carry out cashiering and daily cash and credit collections.
• The Bartender will support the server in serving food and beverage, cleaning tables, chairs and work area to maintain a sanitary environment.
• Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the outlet manager including assisting other outlets.
• Communicate well with colleagues and superiors in order to avoid misunderstandings and other shortfalls caused by lack of communication.
• Be committed to being a team player; proactively cooperating and supporting colleagues in operational tasks.
• Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully in order to be able to understand guest needs and expectations and consistently delight and satisfy every guest.
• Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
• Have a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach towards guests.
• Create WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the Restaurants through gestures and other actions.
• Report guest’s preference to superiors and act upon them whenever known.
Education & Certificates
• High School qualification or equivalent is preferred.
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
• 3 years’ experience as Bartender in a high-end bar with highest levels of service is preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working as bartender in a luxury hotel/resort.
• Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service.
• Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
• Familiar with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures is preferred.
• Ability to prepare and suggest classic and innovative beverages.
• Knowledge of Bar service procedures and standards as well as good knowledge of spirits and cigars.
• Ability to understand the flow of service and handle multiple tasks effectively is preferred.
• Basic computer skills including MS Office is preferred.
• Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
• Able to communicate clearly with peers and superiors.
• Verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Latest start date
- September 2018