Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
Scope of Position
The Chief Concierge is responsible for supervising the concierge team who provide 5-star services to all guests and colleagues. The Chief Concierge will lead the team in turning moments into memories for our guests. The Chief Concierge will have the best knowledge of Dubai city.
- Act as an Ambassador for the Hotel around the Hotel and at local events.
- Train, direct and supervise the Concierge daily operation of the department.
- Have an in-depth knowledge or access to information regarding directions, travel time, cost and various forms of transportation in the city.
- Maintain a constantly updated database with extensive information about city highlights.
- Maintain a consistent and sufficient level of brochures, maps and handouts etc.
- Be knowledgeable of all in-house and arriving guests.
- Be aware of all daily events in the hotel.
- Arrange tickets for theatre, sporting events and local attractions.
- Make and confirm dining reservations.
- Make and confirm all transportation arrangements with contracted limousine company.
- Communicate all important details, of internal or external relevance, to management and colleagues, throughout the hotel.
- Communicate information effectively to Assistant Chief Concierge.
- Arrange for package delivery and pickup for guests.
- Provide a daily list to the Front Office Manager and Hotel Duty Manager of transportation reservations.
- Provide guests access to all Dubai has to offer within scope of availability.
- Stay up-to-date on special events & activities in Dubai and in the GCC region
- Offer a warm, sincere and personalized welcome to all guests.
- Create special conversations with guests, which identify personal preferences in order to record in each guest’s profile history.
- Provide guests with a confirmation of dining reservations, transportation, theatre tickets, etc. in the form of written, printed, or computer-generated forms.
- Act as a guide when guests ask for direction and assist them to destinations within the hotel.
- Provide clear directions for all guests travelling outside the hotel.
- Respond to all guest needs and requests.
- Communicate all important details to management and colleagues.
- Disseminate information of relevance within the department.
- Work hand to hand with the Front Office Team and other departments.
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized concierge desk.
- Maintain a daily sheet (via GoConcierge) of all guest requests, reservations and confirmations for guests and keep track of all reports.
- Hold a monthly departmental meeting.
- Participate in all operations meetings.
Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
Perform other activities as deemed appropriate by the Front Office Manager and the Director of Rooms.
Education & Certificates
- A formal qualification in hospitality, hotel or tourism management
- Member of Concierge Clefs d’Or is a MUST
- A minimum of 5-7 years industry experience in a similar role in a Dubai-based luxury hotel is a MUST
- Prior experience working in a pre-opening Hotel is a MUST
- Ability to manage professional relationship with personnel from multinational origins
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and commitment to professional values
- Should possess an excellent command of English (written and oral) – Fluency in other languages will be a definite advantage
- Must possess a strong knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Windows, Outlook, GoConcierge
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to share knowledge with Colleagues
- Ability to apply knowledge to new situation
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Front Office concierge
- Starting in
- As soon as possible