• Assist the Chef de Partie in his daily duties and oversee his responsibilities during absence.
• Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in the production of dishes.
• Ensure that all mise en place is prepared to the highest quality as per standards set by the superiors.
• Ensure that all plating guides are followed according to set dish description, cooking method and presentation image.
• Ensure the pickup of requisition is in time and organized properly in its corresponding storage area.
• Check the inventory of the daily ingredients before each shift to assure correct amounts are stocked up to avoid running out of stock during service periods.
• Store ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved and labelled according to standard.
• Ensure that working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area are cleaned and sanitized before and after usage as per food safety standard.
• Adhere to strict personal hygiene standards at all times.
• Effectively support, control cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchens and stewarding area at all times and support daily checks done by supervisors.
• Ensure to follow through the food safety safe and sound standard set by Mandarin Oriental Hotel and in accordance’s the UAE’s Municipality rules and regulation.
• Ensure customer satisfaction in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
• Work as part of the team and assist other colleagues if required.
• Support other outlets and banquet if requested by superiors.
• Attend and participate in all required meetings and trainings as scheduled.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the superiors.
Education & Certificates
• High School qualification or equivalent.
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Culinary arts is preferred.
• Experience as a Demi Chef de Partie in a high-volume hotel or free-standing restaurant with the highest levels of service preferred.
• A minimum 2 years’ experience working in a 5-star or free-standing restaurant.
• Solid experience in preparing, holding and cooking of food.
• Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
• Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 15 kg without assistance.
• Proven ability to successfully support the management to motivate and lead a diverse team.
• Knowledge of the kitchen tools and utensils in order to perform the specific tasks.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
• Knowledge of food hygiene.
• Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
• Able to communicate clearly with peers and superiors.
• Verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Latest start date
- September 2018