• Have a very good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to guests and to train colleagues on them.
• Oversee and manage shifts effectively to ensure a smooth and effective overall operation by guiding colleagues on and personally involving himself in all required aspects of the sequence of service.
• Maintain a great synergy between Aqua and Café Citrus to assure maximum efficiency.
• Ensure the hourly delivery of pool amenities per standards.
• Provide direction and support to all outlet colleagues at any time, particularly during the operational hours.
• Support the restaurant manager when required to train colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards and policies.
• Follow his side duty schedule and assure all tasks are completed at all times in a timely manner.
• Assure the back and front of house areas in the outlet are clean and tidy at all times.
• Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality through guest comments, comment cards and guest incident reports and share observations and recommendations with the outlet manager.
• Encourage proactive, efficient and effective communication within the outlet in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
• Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
• Identify departmental learning and development needs for all colleagues of the restaurants and share those with the outlet manager.
• Supervise and coordinate that all outlet equipment and utensils are kept in good conditions by proper day to day handling of all applicable utensils and by assuring that side duties are carried out as assigned.
• Checking in advance on manning levels and other parameters affecting shifts on a daily basis.
• Support the restaurant manager to maintain a clear overview of all IG by carrying out regular checks on accuracy of all items.
• Ensure proper presentation of all menus: current, clean and presentable.
• To maintain and organize appropriate stock levels and ensure sufficient inventory for daily usage. Following up with daily and weekly requisitions as requested by the restaurant manager.
• Verify colleagues clock in and clock out records and maintain the attendance system on a daily basis.
• To report through the assigned system and follow up all maintenance defaults affecting delivery of service.
• To ensure cashiering is carried out properly by the team and daily cash and credit collections are in order and submitted to accounting after end of shift.
• To perform and check all duties related to restaurant opening and closing check list.
• Assist the hostess with floor plan and follow up with any guest enquires.
• Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written. More severe customer complains will be reported to managers without fail.
• Assist colleagues in ensuring general table maintenance throughout the service.
• Ensure team product knowledge is maintained, updated and regular tested.
• Attend and conduct meetings during absence or unavailability of management team.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Restaurant Manager or the Assistant Restaurant Manager.
• Assist the management team to carry out training activities of the outlet including, role plays and on the job trainings.
• Inform the management team of any misconduct of colleagues and provide evidence to proceed with a disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s procedures.
• Communicate clearly and directly with all colleagues and superiors in order to avoid misunderstandings and other shortfalls caused by lack of communication.
• Be committed to being a team player; proactively cooperating and supporting colleagues and superiors in operational tasks.
• To respond proactively to guest enquiries, ensuring that appropriate action is taken in the absence of the manager in charge.
• Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully in order to be able to understand guest needs and expectations and consistently delight and satisfy every guest.
• Being fully involved in the service and show strong presence to customers on the floor. Run a station if required.
• Personally monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are dining in the restaurants as directed by the restaurant management.
• Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
• Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the restaurants.
Education & Certificates
• High School qualification or equivalent.
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
• Experience as Supervisor in a high-volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a 5-star luxury hotel environment.
• Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service.
• Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
• Familiar with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures is preferred.
• Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
• Knowledge of dining and lounge service procedures and standards.
• Ability to understand the flow of service and support colleagues.
• Proven ability to successfully support the management to motivate and lead a diverse team.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
• Basic computer skills including MS Office.
• Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
• Able to empower colleagues and communicate clearly with peers, subordinates and superiors.
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Position Related Requirements
• Ability to oversee a large and complex area and to work in an outdoor environment in a hot climate.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration