Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
Scope of Position
The Guest Relations Manager will be the key liaison between the hotel and our guests and will meet, greet and escort all VIP guests and will ensure a smooth arrival and a fond farewell. The Guest Relations Manager will act as the “owner” of the guest database and is responsible for executing delivery of amenities, ensuring that guest preferences are met while delighting and exceeding guest expectations. The Guest Relations Manager will work closely with the Front of House Operations Manager, Executive Office, Front Office, Housekeeping, Room Service, Culinary, Concierge and Sales department.
- Act as Chairperson of Guest Recognition.
- Act as a hotel ambassador at all times.
- Responsible for all aspects of the hotel Butlers.
- Accountable for results from Guest Database audit, Guest Satisfaction and MOQA surveys, in areas relating to Guest Recognition Program.
- Manage the entire Guest Relations Operation.
- Act as personal liaison for all VIP guests for special requests and arrangements.
- Coach, support, train and manage all Guest Relations Agents.
- Act as a liaison with all hotel guests requiring special requests and requirements.
- Develop new ideas for creative, cost effective guest amenities.
- Ensures in-room check-in is arranged for all VIP guests.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining high guest retention ratio.
- Responsible for physical inspection of all VIP rooms, prior to arrival.
- Key contact person for all VIP guests and will arrange meetings (greetings, cocktails, afternoon tea, breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.) with the General Manager (or the Hotel Manager).
- Work closely with key hotel departments such as Front Office, Housekeeping, F&B, Sales and Executive Office.
- Coordinate all VIP Amenities with Executive Office for Housekeeping, Room Service, Concierge, Front Office, Reservations and Sales.
- Ensure all General Manager/Hotel Manager Welcome Cards are placed in guest rooms with an amenity.
- Prepare and send the Daily Communication Form to the entire hotel.
- Prepare guest turn-down letters.
- Maximize rooms revenue by upselling guests upon arrival.
- Build relationships with guests to delight and gain loyalty.
- Ensure all interactions with guests are handled professionally and with care adhering to hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Create a positive and highly motivated working environment that promotes and develops teamwork.
- Utilizes and develops communication tools and channels for the dissemination of information and workflow in the department.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest quality database relating to Guest History and implementing guest recognition programs in line with MOHG guidelines.
- Analyse guest preferences and prepare reports for improvement on Guest Satisfaction.
- Identify staff training requirements.
- Supervises and guides all colleagues to ensure that hotel’s policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Conduct daily and monthly meetings with departments to highlight areas of improvement in all service aspects and obtain feedback.
- Maintain and implement all quality standards and procedures from guest’s pre-arrival, to guest’s arrival, to guest’s in-house stay to guest’s departure.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Work closely with the Director of Rooms on specific projects.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a luxury 5-star hotel environment.
- Minimum 2 years’ Front Office/Guest Relations experience in a luxury hotel.
- Minimum 2 years’ Butler experience in a luxury hotel.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office, PSMS, GoConcierge, HotSoS, and Rex.
- Hotel pre-opening experience is an advantage.
- Middle East experience is an advantage.
- Arabic speaker is desirable.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible