• Have a very good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings including promotions and be able to verbally explain those to the guests.
• Take reservations by phone, by email, through internet booking applications and in person and update the reservations system accordingly as per the standards in place and reconfirm all reservations by phone or email.
• To reconfirm all reservations by phone or email if any and schedule the reservations and planned seating arrangements with management prior to service period.
• Constantly update the reservation system with an accurate table count and ensure to update and reinstate all available tables as soon as possible.
• Welcome and escorts patrons with the overall objective to delight and satisfy each and every guest and if needed she will assist and escort the patron to Mandarin and Baraha Lounge.
• Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and the menu paper is complete and distributed appropriately.
• Recommend and up-sell the initial beverage offering as per service sequence and forward effectively the order directly to the waiter in the respective station.
• Perform any tasks related to billing according to hotel standards and cashiering policies if required.
• Attend to any complaints of comments given by guests and if no resolution can be found refer the matter to the outlet manager.
• To bid friendly farewell to guests and sincerely thank them for their visit.
• Check that all public areas of the outlet including the bathrooms are kept clean throughout operation times and communicate to superiors or housekeeping colleagues if areas are in not acceptable state.
• Ensure that the uniform provided is kept clean, presentable and in good condition, ensuring that personal appearance and hygiene standards are an example for the team and a demonstrate a professional image for our guests.
• Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the outlet manager including assisting other outlets.
• Communicate clearly and directly with all colleagues and superiors in order to avoid misunderstandings and other shortfalls caused by lack of communication. Particularly focus on clear communication of all floor plans and seating related matters as well as other requests from guests to related service colleagues.
• Ensure that superiors and if required kitchen colleagues are informed if any special guest preferences are known, such as allergies.
• Be committed to being a team player; proactively cooperating and supporting colleagues in operational tasks including assisting service procedures such as order taking, clearing of table or serving food if required.
• Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
• Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully in order to be able to understand guest needs and expectations and consistently delight and satisfy every guest.
• Report critical situations, such as intoxicated guests or aggressive behaviour to managers or security immediately.
• Be able to converse well in English and preferably other languages, in verbal and written format and present and recommend menus to the guest.
• Have a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach towards guests and handle and resolve challenging situations with guests.
• Create WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the outlet through gestures and other actions.
• Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
• Proactively gather and record guest’s preference to superiors and act upon them whenever known and maintain the database.
Education & Certificates
• High School qualification or equivalent is preferred.
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
• Experience as Hostess in a high-volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working as Hostess in a luxury hotel environment.
• Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service.
• Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
• Familiar with Table Management System procedures is preferred.
• Knowledge of bar service procedures and standards is preferred.
• Ability to understand the flow of service and handle multiple tasks effectively is preferred.
• Ability to handle telephone calls and written correspondence properly.
• Basic computer skills including MS Office.
• Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
• Able to communicate clearly with peers and superiors.
• Very good verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration