To collect information and communicate efficiently with all departments of the hotel, to ensure that the information is correctly communicated, and guest requests are fulfilled in a professional and timely manner. To log all maintenance requests in the Hotsos system and to ensure that all issues are resolved. To be responsible for the lost&found system, logging and storing. To ensure that all devices are brought back and logged as per policy.Responsibilities
- It is part of your role to understand and comply with all corporate and hotel policies and standard operating procedures.
- MOHG Code of Conduct requires that all business activities and business decisions comply with the general law, with all rules, regulations, and other requirements.
- It is part of your role and your responsibility to fully support all learning and development activities.
- You shall take all reasonable steps to safeguard stored information, and not divulge or otherwise transfer any personal data concerning the guests, customers or colleagues, or any confidential information concerning the hotel unless with the appropriate authority.
- Use of the hotel’s network, computers or internet access which is in the hotel’s view unreasonable or inappropriate, for example gambling, chatroom, or pornographic material, is a serious breach of hotel policy and grounds for summary dismissal.
- Support and adhere to all policies & procedures relating to Safe, Sound and Sustainable at Mandarin Oriental.
- Ensure compliance with the MOHG Social Media Policy, i.e. to be fully responsible for the content you publish on any social media platform, including your personal site.
- Mandarin Oriental, Jumeira Dubai has zero tolerance on all forms of harassment or discrimination, i.e. it is strictly forbidden to discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, including physical or medical condition, race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or for any other reason.
- To carry out any additional duties requested by management, related to hotel operational activities.
- Answer all telephone calls coming into the Housekeeping office
- Ensure that all colleagues log in and out their used devices
- Keep track of any incoming requests in log book and make sure to follow up accordingly
- Coordinate and distribute guest requests and ensure they are addressed
- Manage early arrivals/VIPs’ special requests by continuously providing update for Housekeeping Supervisors on priority of rooms needed
- Update additional credits/rollaway beds and baby cots
- Enter any maintenance requests into hotsos system
- Log and store all lost&found items together with the Housekeeping Manager
- Follow all standards, such as MOQA, LQE, LQA, Forbes and FLHSS&E at all times
- Administrative Duties:
- Ensure that the key distribution system is well-maintained and inventory record is updated
- Record all late/absent colleagues on designated attendance sheet
- Monitor occupancy status of guest rooms on a constant basis
- Keep accurate record of all general cleaning materials/carpet, shampoo/drapery maintenance/chandelier, cleaning materials
- Keep accurate record of Room Attendant and House Attendant productivity
- Administer and coordinate Lost & Found with the Security Department
- Maintain accurate record of all receivables into the department
- Evaluate shift assignments and prioritize work load
- Assist the Housekeeping Supervisor in opening up the guest room distribution including managing variances between Room Attendants scheduled versus needed
- Follow Housekeeping Supervisors direction and call in employees, if necessary
- Ensure all letters and packages are delivered in a timely manner and records are kept regularly
- Plug in time and attendance with the Executive Housekeeper
- Order supplies and amenities as given by the Executive Housekeeper
- Print and organise daily reports for Executive Housekeeper
- Keep the housekeeping office and the work area tidy and clean
- Help any colleague with question in regard to leave, off days, and schedules
- Help and support any other area, like public area, back of house, etc., if necessary
Education & Certificates
- Senior School qualifications or equivalent
- Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is beneficial
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- Minimum 2 years housekeeping experience
- Previous working experience in the Middle East is beneficial
- Excellent housekeeping, chemical, linen and machinery knowledge is mandatory
- Pre-opening experience is beneficial
- Good knowledge of housekeeping processes, chemicals, and cleaning techniques
- Basic machinery knowledge
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
- Able to work in a team
- Positive attitude and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Office
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible