Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
To provide a safe environment for hotel guests and colleagues. To minimize the risks of Health & Safety hazards to our guests and colleagues by the inspection and formal audit of all the areas and the enforcement of both organizational and regulatory Health & Safety requirements. To give a timely and effective response to the management on any incidents that may occur and report on any potential hazards identified during routine inspections.
- To implement manuals and procedures for Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- Familiarize with the Legal requirements of the Company and the Local Federal Labour Laws.
- Liase with the Dubai Municipality Officials
- Liase with Exec. Chef, Director of Engineering, Director of Food & Beverage, Executive Housekeeper, Chief Steward, and the Hotel Manager for effective Safety systems in the workplace.
- Liase with the Human Resources Director to complete routine and spot Health & Safety checks in the Staff Accommodation where provided and produce an action plan accordingly.
- Work closely with Director of Engineering to ensure all safety related standards are consistently maintained at the highest level.
- To perform all tasks to a consistently high level within the Brand and Hotel Standards.
- Ensure that monthly health & safety, accidents / incident, alleged food poisoning & foreign material in food reports analysis reports are prepared and sent to all the department heads and managers for their information and action.
- Regular Inspections, Audits and Tour of the Hotel (daily, monthly, quarterly & six monthly) and produce action plan of all Hazards identified to the concerned departments for action and ensure accurate recording of all information.
- Ensure all statutory training for employees is performed according to the policy and records are maintained in the manuals, and work closely with Training and Quality department.
- To maintain constant vigilance in Health & Safety matters relating to Hotel objectives.
- Ensure that all the points raised by the auditors are completed, verified and sent back to the said company and a proper record is kept for future reference and record purposes.
- Ensure that control and management of Legionella in the water system is carried out through water sampling and risk assessment as per the local and International standards.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified Trainer or willingness to learn and then train actively
- Safety Management certificate holder
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in a luxury UAE-based hotel/resort
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible