Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
The Secretary is responsible in assisting and providing a full range of secretarial and administrative duties to support the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef.Responsibilities
- Complete administrative functions as detailed by the Executive chef
- Assisting in all operational and administrative culinary aspects of the Kitchen.
- Access, analyse, distribute and file the daily flow of information to and from the Chef’s office.
- Manage the diary of the Executive Chef in the most effective way.
- Assist by creating the daily Market list for the kitchen and support monthly inventory control.
- Assist in recipe costing.
- Handle the daily flow of incoming and outgoing telephone calls and messages.
- Act as the hub of the Kitchen department, supplying and collecting information from the Chefs and co-ordinate, response and performing a backup role for the Executive Chef.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Executive Chef from time to time.
- Assist Culinary Department A&B with outgoing correspondence and train them to use the required to perform smoothly
- Assist Culinary Department A&B with the ordering system, related questions and train them to use the required to perform smoothly
- Follow the principle of the 5Ps ‘Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance’ at all times and for all activities.
- Work proactively and efficiently on inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
- Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Ensure consistent compliance with the operating policies and procedures for the kitchen department.
- At all times maintain proper etiquette while interacting with internal and external customers.
- Ensure high standards of tidiness in the Chef’s office.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are dining in the Restaurants as well as for special dietary requirements.
- Support the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the Restaurants in cooperation with the Chef de Cuisine/Jr. Chef de Cuisine and Restaurant manager.
- Support the departmental trainer on departmental learning and development needs for the colleagues in the kitchen.
- Liaise with food safety manager to ensure compliances with food safety safe and sound set by Mandarin Oriental Hotel and in accordance’s to the UAE’s Municipality rules and regulation.
- If necessary communicate rules & regulations to all colleagues by using the Colleague Handbook and any other appropriate documents.
- Support to all colleagues at any time and works openly and assist other colleagues when if required.
- Maintain a positive synergy between all Kitchens to assure maximum efficiency among chefs.
- Support on all trainings in accordance with the applicable standards
- Support banquet or outside catering events when if required.
- Attend and partake in the daily kitchen line up.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings and training as scheduled.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
Education & Certificates
- High School qualification or equivalent is preferred.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience working as a secretary or as an administrative assistant.
- Have strong administrative skills and have the ability to handle telephone calls and written correspondence professionally.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on administrative excellence.
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent.
- Familiar with restaurant point of sales is preferred.
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Knowledge of all culinary procedures and standards is preferred.
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
- Able to communicate clearly with peers and superiors.
- Fluent English; verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
Position Related Requirements
- Able to compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible