To manage and overlook the daily laundry and uniform operation, to ensure that guest and colleague laundry/uniform is treated in the correct way and the guest/colleague laundry/uniform is returned to the guest/colleague in a timely manner. To manage the detergent and chemicals stocks, as well as uniform inventories. To manage the daily linen stock and to follow up with the outside laundry if necessary.Responsibilities
- It is part of your role to understand and comply with all corporate and hotel policies and standard operating procedures.
- MOHG Code of Conduct requires that all business activities and business decisions comply with the general law, with all rules, regulations, and other requirements.
- It is part of your role and your responsibility to fully support all learning and development activities.
- You shall take all reasonable steps to safeguard stored information, and not divulge or otherwise transfer any personal data concerning the guests, customers or colleagues, or any confidential information concerning the hotel unless with the appropriate authority.
- Use of the hotel’s network, computers or internet access which is in the hotel’s view unreasonable or inappropriate, for example gambling, chatroom, or pornographic material, is a serious breach of hotel policy and grounds for summary dismissal.
- Support and adhere to all policies & procedures relating to Safe, Sound and Sustainable at Mandarin Oriental.
- Ensure compliance with the MOHG Social Media Policy, i.e. to be fully responsible for the content you publish on any social media platform, including your personal site.
- Mandarin Oriental, Jumeira Dubai has zero tolerance on all forms of harassment or discrimination, i.e. it is strictly forbidden to discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, including physical or medical condition, race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or for any other reason.
- To carry out any additional duties requested by management, related to hotel operational activities.
- Manage the daily operation in the absence of the laundry manager
- Ensure that guest laundry is treated professionally and is returned to the guest in timely manner
- Train and coach laundry attendants on textile and fabric in order to guarantee a confident handling of delicate garments
- Establish maintenance schedules for all machineries used in the guest laundry
- Overlook uniform issuance and ensure the smooth exchange process
- Spot check incoming linen for any quality issues or variations in numbers
- Work closely with outside laundry in order to guarantee sufficient stock levels at all times
- Ensure the package of guest dry cleaning and laundry is elegant and according to standard set out by Laundry Manager
- Evaluate linen usage in all outlets and make recommendations
- Maintain regular inventories of all linen and uniforms
- Send out all scanned uniforms and print out daily uniform lists.
- Conduct regular uniform inventory and maintain a sufficient par of new uniforms
- Keep a close eye on all uniforms and discard as they become sub standard
- Be customer focused and make sure that guest wishes are fulfilled accordingly
- Meet guests in order to understand their laundry preferences and requirements
- Handle guest complaints in a professional and polite manner
- Take ownership of any guest complaints and follow up on the service recovery
- Ensure that all MOQA, LQE, LQA, Forbes & FLHSS&E standards are in place at all times
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
- Be creative, energetic and willing to exceed expectations in order to guarantee highest staff and guest satisfaction
- Motivate and inspire the Laundry Team to continuously deliver formidable luxury service
- Immaculately groomed and articulate, professional appearance
- Collect and prepare data of all linen inventories
- Support laundry manager with all departmental reports
Education & Certificates
- Senior School qualifications or equivalent
- Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Laundry/Textile Management is beneficial
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
- Minimum 2 years laundry experience at supervisory level
- Previous working experience in the Middle East is beneficial
- Strong linen, chemical and laundry machinery knowledge is mandatory
- Pre-opening experience is beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of laundry chemicals, cleaning and spotting techniques
- Trained and proficient in handling machinery
- Must be able to motivate and coach the team
- Leading by example and inspire the team to do their best
- Stain and material treatment
- Linen and fabric knowledge
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible