- Have a very good understanding of the hotel’s concept and offerings including promotions and be able to verbally explain those to the guests.
- Display proper and professional phone etiquette and assure that all guest details and requests are clearly registered, communicated and met.
- Offer Consistently professional, friendly, warm and engaging service.
- Welcome and escort patrons with the overall objective to delight and satisfy each and every guest and if needed she/he will assist and reasonably escort and direct the patron to other destinations within the hotel.
- Attend to any complaints of comments given by guests and if no resolution can be found refer the matter to the Front Office Manager.
- To bid friendly farewell to guests and sincerely thank them for their visit.
- Maintain effective communication with all related departments to ensure a smooth service delivery
- Ensure that the uniform provided is kept clean, presentable and in good condition, ensuring that personal appearance and hygiene standards are an example for the team and a demonstrate a professional image for our guests.
- Deal promptly, efficiently and pleasantly with any queries
- Communicate clearly and directly with all colleagues and superiors in order to avoid misunderstandings and other shortfalls caused by lack of communication.
- Be committed to be a team player; proactively cooperating and supporting colleagues in operational tasks if required.
- Ensure that Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully in order to be able to understand guest needs and expectations and consistently delight and satisfy every guest.
- Report critical situations, such as intoxicated guests or aggressive behaviour to managers or security immediately.
- Be able to converse well in English and preferably other languages, in verbal and written format and present and recommend menus to the guest.
- Have a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach towards guests and handle and resolve challenging situations with guests.
- Create WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the outlets through gestures and other actions.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Proactively gather and record guest’s preference to superiors and act upon them whenever known and maintain the database.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School qualification or equivalent is preferred.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
- Experience as a Lobby Hostess in a high-volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Lobby Hostess in a luxury hotel environment.
- Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Familiar with Table Management System procedures is preferred.
- Ability to understand the flow of service and handle multiple tasks effectively is preferred.
- Ability to handle telephone calls and written correspondence properly.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office.
- Ability to understand effective approaches of communication with different individuals.
- Able to communicate clearly with peers and superiors.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or Russian and other languages are preferred.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
With a pristine oceanfront setting, Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai is a stylish urban resort overlooking the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf and Dubai’s glittering skyline, which is dominated by Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. The hotel's beachfront location and open air facilities are designed to bring a new level of relaxed luxury to the city.