• Have a good understanding of the outlets concept, menus and all other facilities the hotel offers in order to recommend and verbally explain those to the guests.
• Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place at all times.
• Extensive knowledge of Spirits of all kinds and Cocktails.
• The ability to create drinks on the fly as per Guest requirements.
• Support the Assistant Manager and Supervisors in taking drink orders, preparing and serving and if necessary assisting in the service.
• Support the Bar and Beverage Manager to create exciting cocktail lists that reflect the concept and style of the Restaurant or Bar.
• Regularly conduct trainings for the Restaurant and Bar Teams.
• Overlook with the Bar or Restaurant Manger the monthly Inventory and HACCP standards in Bars and Restaurants.
• Implement and enforce a sufficient Par stock for Winter and Summer Season.
• Assist the Bar and Beverage Manager to maintain and organize appropriate stock levels and sufficient inventory for daily usage and monitor the Beverage stock on hand. Ensure that the Bar or Restaurant is not over or understocked.
• Ensure all glass inventory and utensils needed for Beverage service are in proper conditions at all time and list all broken items into the outlet breakage list and follow up all maintenance defaults affecting the service.
• Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and beverage quality through member and guest’s comments, comment cards and incident reports and share observations and recommendations with the Director of Restaurants and perform any other reasonable duties as required.
• Support the Bar and Beverage Manager in carrying out regular detailed analysis of Beverage related sales throughout the hotel.
• Work very closely with the Bar and Beverage Manager as well as with the Stewarding Management to coordinate sourcing and other related matters.
• Support the Bar and Beverage Manager in any other beverage related matters as required throughout the hotel.
• Have a good understanding of the Market and the trends.
• Work closely with all Managers to keep them promptly and fully informed of all relevant wine matters.
• Be committed to being a team player; proactively cooperating and supporting colleagues in operational tasks and assist colleagues in ensuring general Bar maintenance during the service.
• Provide direction and support to all colleagues at any time, particularly with Beverage related matters.
• Consult guests proactively on any Bar Beverage related matter and provide recommendations that suit their requirements.
• Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully in order to be able to understand guest needs and expectations and consistently delight and satisfy every guest.
• Personally monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are in Mandarin Oriental.
• Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
• Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written.
• Deliver highly personalized service to guests by taking wine preferences in consideration and act upon them whenever known.
Education & Certificates
• High School qualification or equivalent.
• Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a professional Mixologist in a luxury hotel or high-end restaurant.
• International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East.
• Restaurant pre-opening or renovation experience is preferred.
• Ability to understand guest needs and to deliver superior customer service.
• Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
• Familiar with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures is preferred.
• Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
• To have a thorough knowledge of the full Beverage list and to be able to pair food with drinks.
• Knowledge of Fine Dining service procedures and standards procedures is preferred.
• Ability to understand the flow of service and support colleagues.
• Proven ability to successfully support the management to motivate and lead a diverse team.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
• Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration