Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
To assist the Executive Pastry Chef in the smooth running of the Pastry kitchen ensuring that all areas of the kitchen are maintained to Mandarin Oriental standards.
- The ability to schedule all pastry colleagues.
- The ability to communicate regularly with the Executive Pastry Chef to achieve an excellent rapport throughout the food production department and in developing new menu items.
- The ability to requisition all items needed for the following day from the food storeroom, non-food storeroom and stewarding department.
- The ability to ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed and the pastry shop is always clean, neat and orderly.
- The ability to ensure all equipment is in full working order.
- The ability to ensure a superior production of sweet items, pastries, cakes, ice creams, sorbets, fruit compotes, breads, chocolates, etc. for all outlets as well as banquets and amenities.
- The ability to ensure an adequate supply of all products prepared on a timely basis.
- The ability to prepare exciting and appealing petit fours and mignardises.
- The ability to establish standard recipes and ensure the compliance with them.
- The ability to make show pieces as needed.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to have a full working knowledge of halal food, service and preparation.
- The ability to execute Alternative Cuisine.
- The ability to be certified in Food Service Sanitation.
Skills and Experience
- High school and culinary school training.
- 5-7 years’ pastry experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- Excellent knowledge of French pastries, Viennese and American pastries, pull sugar, cake decorating and show pieces.
- Excellent leadership, training and organizational skills.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible