Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
The General Manager will develop and lead a high-performance team to meet agreed performance objectives. Accountable to deliver revenue and profits, maintain and enhance brand standards and position the restaurant as a preferred destination within the competitive set.
The General Manager will demonstrate an infectious energy for exceptional customer service and a passion for the Food & Beverage industry by:
- Maintains standards to ensure that the customer experience is efficient, effective and hospitable. The GM has overall responsibility of all aspects of the customer service, front and back of house.
- The General Manager must fully understand and appreciate the different sections in the kitchen and the kitchen hierarchy.
- The GM must be fully conversant with the current suppliers, ordering process, time scales to delivery and shelf life of all products.
- The GM must have a technical understanding of the recipe costing, GP figures and menu planning and development.
- As the most senior brand ambassador the GM must be fully versed in the brand standards and ensure that all colleagues are aware and also maintain these standards.
- Must ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly paperwork is completed and filed/forwarded correctly.
- Must ensure that all colleagues have attained and retained the correct knowledge to complete the paperwork required for their station.
- Is fully responsible and accountable for ensuring that all monies are safe guarded at all times and that all paper work is completed in accordance with company policy.
- Ensures that all cash handlers have received the required training and follow the correct procedures for handling money.
- Has exposure and understanding of HD business margins and the effects on overall profit.
- Expected to sign off and approve any orders. To ensure that all orders are in line with the budget and stock requirements.
- The GM must ensure that colleagues who are authorized to place orders followed the correct procedures.
- Completes all forecasting for daily, weekly and monthly for both revenue and products. Drives the use of these tools to a high standard.
- Ensures that all rosters are in line with budget and business requirements and completed in time
- Ensures that all maintenance issues are rectified as soon as possible by taking responsibility for any quotes required.
- Fully supports the Sous Chef or Head Chef with managing the kitchen team and operations.
- The GM must be fully conversant with the local laws and customs regarding the serving of alcohol and in particular the variations regarding the license under which his/her restaurant operates. He must also ensure that all staff under the GM's leadership are aware of these laws and license requirements and practice responsible service of alcohol.
- The GM will lead the team in food tastings, cocktail and wine list development and any other matters relating to the food and beverage offer. The GM will be tasked to ensure that the food and beverage offer maintains the brand standard.
- Regularly sets targets and ensure the team are capable and incentivised to achieve these targets.
- Ensures that all complaints are dealt with correctly and in a timely manner.
Education & Skills
- Internationally recognized Degree or Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in 5-star luxury environment
- Pre-opening experience is preferred
- UAE experience is preferred
- Stand-alone restaurant experience preferred
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible