Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
The Restaurant Manager will assume full responsibility of all related operational, administrative and financial aspects of the designated restaurant.
- Oversee all operational and administrative aspects of the restaurant as appropriate and be able to prioritise the required level of engagement in both areas depending on business volumes and other related parameters.
- Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place at all times.
- Supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the restaurants at all times and carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment.
- Work closely with the respective Chef de Cuisine to plan menus, prices and promotional events for the restaurants in order to maximize revenue generating opportunities in line with market demands.
- Ensure that reservations are managed well within the outlet and seating capacities are effectively maximised.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality by reviewing various service quality audit reports, guest comment cards and guest incident reports, and formulate action plans accordingly, also in cooperation with the respective Chef de cuisine.
- Observe all aspects of the business forecasts and plan effectively to make most efficient arrangements for manpower, equipment and supplies accordingly.
- Ensure accuracy of all menus: current, spelled correctly, clean and presentable and ascertain menu descriptions are up to date and distributed appropriately.
- Maintain solid records of all Annual Leave and Public Holiday clearance and assure none are accumulated within the outlet.
- Plan and execute special promotional activities for the outlet and plan for festive season events related to the outlet.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings as scheduled.
Financial and administrative aspects:
- Maintain a clear overview of all IG point of sales related set ups and carry out regular check on accuracy of all items.
- Monitor the monthly P&L and carry out regular detailed analysis of outlet related financial information.
- Follow all procedures, policies and practices with regard to the Jardine accounting related requirements for F&B outlets.
- Observe the competition, current market and international trends, prices with the market and other new ideas and react accordingly.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to all Restaurant colleagues at any time.
- Train, evaluate and schedule all colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards, policies and as per the overall business requirements.
- Ensure that MOHG’s grooming and appearance standards are implemented and maintained at all times to reflect an image of professionalism and care.
- Prepare a weekly roster to schedule all colleagues effectively to maintain the service standards of Mandarin Oriental while operating within budgeted labour cost guidelines and headcounts, depending on the business volume.
- Conduct counselling and disciplinary action as appropriate in accordance with Mandarin Oriental Jumeira’s procedures.
- Encourage proactive, efficient and effective inter-departmental communication within and beyond the F&B division in order to promote a climate of teamwork and enthusiasm.
- Personally monitor and follow through on any requirements of VIP guests who are dining in the restaurants.
- Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
- Constantly drive and motivate the team to create specific WOW moments to surprise and delight guests in the restaurants.
- Handle effectively any kind of customer complaints being verbal or written.
Education & Certificates
- High School qualification or equivalent.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management.
- 3-5 years experience as a restaurant manager in a luxury hotel or high-end independent restaurant.
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East.
- Restaurant pre-opening experience is a MUST.
Operational and Management Skills
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service through own initiative and through driving and motivating his/her team accordingly.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Experience with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures.
- Solid knowledge of Fine Dining service procedures and standards as well as casual dining procedures.
- Extremely organized and possess a solid administrative capability.
- Proven ability to successfully support, motivate and lead a large and diverse team.
- Ability to organize large projects and events.
- Able to use documented performance management systems and handling disciplinary processes.
- Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks.
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent.
- Ability to understand effective approaches to communicate with different individuals.
- Develop team members at all time.
- Able to empower colleagues and communicate clearly with other managers.
- Strong on the job and classroom style training skills.
- Able to constantly update all training materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Arabic or other languages are preferred.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible