- Assist in the operations of all spa areas as required
- Maintain the cleanliness of The Spa; in particular the reception & retail areas, consultation pods and tea lounge. These should be kept in a neat, tidy and sanitary manner in accordance with the Safe, Sound and Sustainability standards.
- Will be expected to aid therapists in setting up for treatments and clearing away after.
- Organize appointment scheduling to maximize use of time and profitability whilst ensuring that the guests’ needs are of first importance.
- Must be a team player and assist all spa and hotel colleagues where necessary.
- Ability to perform opening and closing duties.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Spa Soft, all treatments offered in the spa and all retail products.
- Must have good telephone skills and follow required telephone etiquette.
- Must show a professional attitude at all times, particularly with regard to punctuality, appearance and general manner.
- Will perform as a professional, with a friendly business attitude and conduct all duties and responsibilities as required by the position, or assigned by the Senior Director of Spa & Wellness.
- Must attend all training courses as deemed necessary.
- Receive training to ensure that all-relevant legislation pertaining to the Safe, Sound & Sustainable standards are implemented and monitored within the spa & wellness.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing guest and spa colleagues business-related emails.
- Will be expected to assist various demonstrations and events.
- Recognize the importance of "sales" in every aspect of their role and be responsible for achieving set sales targets.
- Ensure all preferences, contact details and other relevant guest history information is entered into SpaSoft accurately.
- When receive LRA and TripAdvisor comments, to input the relevant information into the Guest Comments Sheet available in the sharefolder.
Education & Certificates
- Senior School qualification or equivalent is a must
- Hotel school graduates will be preferable
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a service environment is a must
- Previous experience working in a 5-star hotel environment will be an advantage
- Previous experience working in the Middle East Region is an advantage
- Good knowledge on computer systems is a must
- Clear communication; effective verbal and written communication skills in English (minimum intermediate level). Arabic would be desirable.
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service with little input from others
- Mature and outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Spa & Wellness
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
With a pristine oceanfront setting, Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai is a stylish urban resort overlooking the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf and Dubai’s glittering skyline, which is dominated by Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. The hotel's beachfront location and open air facilities are designed to bring a new level of relaxed luxury to the city.