Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Dubai
Envisaged as an unparalleled luxury urban beach resort that will distinguish itself by redefining privilege and privacy. The resort will be located mid-way between the entrance to Jumeirah Road from Old Dubai and the iconic Burj Al Arab.
To assist the Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine in the smooth running of the kitchens ensuring that all areas of the kitchen are maintained to Mandarin Oriental standards. Together with the Executive Chef to supervise and coordinate the kitchen service with other departments. Together with the Executive Chef to deal with staff queries, solving any problems concerning the kitchen. To coordinate and execute training of kitchen staff.
- To co-ordinate functions and activities with other Food & Beverage departments
- To handle payroll and holiday organisation
- To assist the Executive Chef in quality levels of production and presentation
- To work actively in cost control and implementing standards
- To assist in colleague related matters
- To carry out departmental training, where necessary
- To deputise the Executive Chef in his absence
- To control all aspects of food outlets in the Executive Chefs absence
- To be actively involved in Health & Hygiene matters
- To promote quality throughout the hotel in all areas of food
- To ensure that room service is of the best in quality, temperature and service
- To ensure that canteen food for colleagues is always get varied, interesting, well cooked and well-balanced cuisine
- To carry out daily work to exceed guest expectations
- To ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations in the kitchen
- To strive to deliver the highest quality of food and service
- To adhere to all legal requirements, regulations and guidelines
- To carry out annual appraisals of all team members
- To conduct departmental orientation for all new team members
- 5-7 years’ experience in the culinary industry.
- Experience of the Middle East market preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Applicable job-related skills as per Accountable Duties.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible