• It is part of your role to understand and comply with all corporate and hotel policies and standard operating procedures.
• MOHG Code of Conduct requires that all business activities and business decisions comply with the general law, with all rules, regulations, and other requirements.
• It is part of your role and your responsibility to fully support all learning and development activities.
• You shall take all reasonable steps to safeguard stored information, and not divulge or otherwise transfer any personal data concerning the guests, customers or colleagues, or any confidential information concerning the hotel unless with the appropriate authority.
• Support and adhere to all policies & procedures relating to Safe, Sound and Sustainable at Mandarin Oriental.
• To carry out any additional duties requested by management, related to hotel operational activities.
• Answer hotel’s main telephone number and connect guest and colleagues to the correct telephone extension.
• Greet all callers with warm and sincere greeting.
• To carry out wake-up call procedures to perfection and maintain accurate and appropriate records
• To take and retrieve messages, both in Voicemail and Springer Miller Host, in the appropriate manner.
• To be able to take messages in writing and ensuring delivery.
• To maintain a good working relationship with all departments
• To make sure to assist all departments’ calls when they revert to the board.
• Is responsible to ensure that Business Center is kept neat and tidy
• Ensure there is sufficient stationary at all times
• Tables and chairs should be clean and keyboard should be turn around and discard of any foreign objects
• Make sure printers are working at all times and contact IT & T when maintenance or ink are needed
• Trash should be taken out and thrown away
• Assist Reservations Department, Front Office and Room Service when needed but especially overnight
• Anticipate and recognize individual guest needs.
• Able to think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration, and composure to make conscious decisions.
• Monitor telephones system problems and alert pertinent departments in an effort to correct said problems in an expedited manner to prevent guest dissatisfaction.
• Pass on requests in a timely and accurate manner to appropriate colleagues.
• Communicate with security as necessary in the event of an emergency.
• Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/ personnel for resolving the situation.
• Ensure customer satisfaction from arrival to departure in accordance to the MOHG Legendary Quality Experiences (LQEs), the MOHG Pillars and the respective service standards of MOQA.
• Maintain complete knowledge of:
All hotel features/services, hours of operations.
All hotel restaurant food concepts, dress code and ambiance.
All hotel room types, number /names, amenities and locations.
Scheduled daily group activities, names and locations of meeting/banquet rooms.
Education & Certificates
• Senior School qualification or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment.
• A minimum of 1 years of Telecommunications/ Front Office experience
• Strong commands of Microsoft Office products, PSMS, HotSOS
• Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer services.
• Perform job with attention to details and the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks effectively.
• Clear communication; effective verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
Position Related Requirements
• Able to work flexible shifts including evening and overnight.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Reservations, Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Latest start date
- September 2018