We are currently looking for an Assistant Director of Finance to join our pre-opening team for Mandarin Oriental Mayfair & The Residences at Mandarin Oriental Mayfair, London.
Situated on Hanover Square, Mayfair’s oldest square, Mandarin Oriental Mayfair and The Residences at Mandarin Oriental Mayfair, London is a true one-off. In London’s best-connected location, this is the front door to the finest that Mayfair and the capital have to offer.
We are now looking for an Assistant Director of Finance that can drive and motivate the Finance team.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- To direct, manage and support the development, implementation, maintenance and administration of all financial controls and accounting procedures, based upon a maximisation of internal control techniques consistent with MOHG established policy and generally accepted accounting principles, as adapted to any local legal requirements.
- The Assistant Director of Finance will, together with the Director of Finance, play an active role in the management of the hotel and will exercise a responsive attitude to the needs of the General Manager and other members of the hotel management team
- To manage on behalf of the Director of Finance the statutory accounts requirement and the relationship with external auditors.
- To assist in organising an efficient treasury function to provide proper management of the hotel’s working capital and cash flow in accordance with MOHG minimum guidelines. Also, to ensure excessive investment is not made in receivables or inventories and that sufficient liquidity is maintained to meet the hotel’s obligations.
- To ensure all financial reports, budgets, forecasts and other information required by MOHG are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- To assist in ensuring that all legal, treasury, statutory and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which will include any governmental requirement for permits and licences.
- To assist in ensuring that adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Assume full responsibility for the proper control of all cash funds and other assets for subordinates
- To establish a comprehensive credit and collection policy for the hotel based on good industry practice and within the guidelines provided by MOHG.
- To manage, supervise and support all subordinate employees, with a view to optimising the profitability of the hotel and improving the guest experience.
We offer our Assistant Director of Finance world class benefits including, but not limited to:
- Complimentary hotels stays across the group
- Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Team member discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental London
Sitting between glorious Royal Parkland and the buzz of central Knightsbridge, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London is re-imagined and re-invented, offering the essence of timeless heritage coupled with contemporary flair and impeccable service.
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.