For us, first impressions are everything. We’re looking for a Chef De Brigade to deliver a seamless guest experience from the second a guest steps through our doors.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The park’s green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
It’s another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that’s all about our guests.
It’s also a world that’s been reinvented and reimagined to move with the times. With a heart of London’s heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards – through kind, passionate and generous service.
For some hotels, a cheerful smile and polite tone might be enough to be a Chef De Brigade. For us, being the face of our hotel calls for much more.
First and foremost, being a Chef De Brigade is about emotional intelligence. We need people who can read our guests in the blink of an eye: are they excited and ready to talk? Or tired from their flight and looking for calm?
Of course, it’s also about how you present yourself. We’re looking for a Chef De Brigade who can wear our fan pin with pride. And finally, it’s about pulling together, because a great deal of teamwork goes into creating the perfect stay. For example, if a guest mentions an early start, our whole team can come together to make that easier for them – a well-timed wake up call, a luxury car ready and waiting.
It’s a finely tuned orchestra, made up of exceptional soloists.
About the role
- To perform supervision by proactive, interactive and reactive leadership allowing each member of the team to completely satisfy our guests throughout their stay.
- To monitor the performance of Receptionists, reporting any issues & good work directly to the Duty Manager and Reception Manager.
- To always act as a role model.
- To perform all cashiering transactions in compliance with the hotel credit policy ensuring accurate services to our guests
- To perform all administrative tasks and communicates with the appropriate departments prior to guest arrival ensuring an efficient flow of service
- To perform all operative tasks in a recommended way and the MOLON standards are reached
- To act as an in house guests' ambassador by establishing and developing personal contact with all our guests enhancing a feeling of comfort, warmth and care throughout their stay.
- To monitor the data control, completion and quality of registration cards.
- To ensure consistent knowledge of our Mission Statement, Pillars, Legendary Quality Experiences and all other service standards or operating procedures and assist the Rooms Division management team in their implementation ensuring our guest experiences Mandarin Oriental Standards.
- To conduct handover briefings and ensure consistent communication keeping the reception team well informed at all times.
- To monitor rooms status together with Housekeeping, Reservations and Maintenance in order to handle guests requirements effectively.
- To handle booking levels with reservations in compliance with our yield strategy ensuring appropriate room allocations to our guests.
- To monitor arrivals and departures and liaises with Guest Relations and Duty Managers in order to handle guest requests and complaints with specific, personalised attention to our guests.
Mandarin Oriental London
Sitting between glorious Royal Parkland and the buzz of central Knightsbridge, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London is re-imagined and re-invented, offering the essence of timeless heritage coupled with contemporary flair and impeccable service.
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.