We are currently looking for a Concierge to join our Concierge team here at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London.
For us, first impressions are everything. We’re looking for a concierge to deliver a seamless guest experience from the second a guest steps through our doors
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The park’s green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
It’s another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that’s all about our guests.
It’s also a world that’s been reinvented and re-imagined to move with the times. With a heart of London’s heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards – through kind, passionate and generous service.
For some hotels, a cheerful smile and polite tone might be enough to be a concierge. For us, being the face of our hotel calls for much more.
First and foremost, being a concierge is about emotional intelligence. We need people who can read our guests in the blink of an eye: are they excited and ready to talk? Or tired from their flight and looking for calm?
Of course, it’s also about how you present yourself. We’re looking for a concierge who can wear our fan pin with pride. And finally, it’s about pulling together, because a great deal of teamwork goes into creating the perfect stay. For example, if a guest mentions an early start, our whole team can come together to make that easier for them – a well-timed wake up call, a luxury car ready and waiting.
It’s a finely tuned orchestra, made up of exceptional soloists.
The Concierge will be responsible for the following duties:
- Offers a warm, sincere and personalized welcome to all guests.
- Supervises, coaches and supports the doormen, ball men and porters.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of directions, travel time, cost and various forms of transportation.
- Creates special conversations with guests, which identifies personal preferences in order to record in each guest’s profile history.
- Acts as a guide when guests ask for direction and physically assists them to their destination within the hotel.
- Ensures that Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Legendary Quality Experience Standards are fully implemented, maintained and exceeded throughout his/her team to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.
- Experience in similar luxury 5 star environment required
- Golden Keys UK required
We offer our Concierge world class benefits but not limited to:
- Team member discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental London
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.