Play a key role in the Concierge team to support the luxury experience our guests from around the world enjoy at one of the world’s best hotels.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The park’s green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
It’s another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that’s all about our guests.
It’s also a world that’s been reinvented and reimagined to move with the times. With a heart of London’s heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards – through kind, passionate and generous service.
We need a Concierge Coordinator to keep our Concierge desk running smoothly.
It’s the perfect place to broaden your understanding of what it means to be in Concierge, because we have so many businesses within our business – restaurants, rooms, spas and bars.
It’s the perfect place to gather a few more passport stamps, too. Many colleagues in our team have also spent time in one of our thirty-two other locations, from Miami to Macau to Munich. And everyone’s given opportunities to progress. In short, if you’re interested in moving around – or moving up – Mandarin Oriental could be the right choice for you.
About the role
Our Concierge Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the main concierge outlook email inbox is being managed, allocated and maintained accurately and within the time limits set by our SOPs. You will also be responsible for checking arrival and departure reports to anticipate guest needs, as well as updating detailed documentation is updated within the PMS system. Other responsibilities include:
- To greet guests courteously and professionally, providing a warm welcome and enhancing our reputation for excellence
- To assist the Bell Captain in an accurate log and the safe storage and handling of Long Term Storage and To Be Called For items in compliance of FLHSSE
- To ensure the safe keeping and issuing of pass keys
- To assist with on-the-job training
- To search for and pass on any sales opportunities to the Sales Team
- To carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by your manager
- To announce visitors to guests or management
- To assist in the provision of postal services to our guests
- To assist the Concierge desk team with any other reasonable tasks and coverage
- To not leave your desk post unattended or the lobby area when allocated, unless instructed by the Concierge desk team supervising and HOD on duty
What We Offer
As a colleague at the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London, you’ll be entitled to an array of benefits; varying from colleague recognition and reward programmes, discounted stays at our other properties across the world, free laundry and complimentary meals on duty, food and beverage discounts and exciting opportunities for promotion and transfers across the hotel/group.
Mandarin Oriental London
Sitting between glorious Royal Parkland and the buzz of central Knightsbridge, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London is re-imagined and re-invented, offering the essence of timeless heritage coupled with contemporary flair and impeccable service.
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.