We are looking for an Executive Sous Chef to join our MOLON Kitchen team here at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London.
Executive Sous Chef
Fine dining can perfect a five-star stay. We’re looking for an Executive Sous Chef to create our Mandarin Oriental dishes with finesse.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The park’s green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
It’s another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that’s all about our guests.
It’s also a world that’s been reinvented and reimagined to move with the times. With a heart of London’s heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards – through kind, passionate and generous service.
From three-course dinners to the perfect scrambled eggs, we need an Executive Sous chef who is ready for a diverse set of dishes.
Two days are never the same when you’re a chef with us. One guest might crave the ideal beef Wellington; another might yearn for a fresh plate of mochi. One evening, we’ll serve an indulgent meal for a single guest; the next, a 400-person banquet.
As an Executive Sous Chef you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Be accountable to the Executive Chef, ensure excellent quality in Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park food offering, including Rosebery, Banqueting, In-Room Dining, Breakfast, Mandarin Bar, Colleague Restaurant, One Hyde Park Residences and outside catering.
- Developing excellent working relationships between departments to ensure the consistent delivery and exceeding of guest expectations.
- Facilitation of daily shift briefings and monthly communication meetings
- Coordination and execution of kitchen tasks.
- Managing and controlling food and labour costs
- Participating in marketing and social media events
We offer our Executive Sous Chef world class benefits, including but not limited to:
- Discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Free laundry and complimentary meals while on duty
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers worldwide
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental London
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.