We are currently looking for an Finance Assistant to join our department team here at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London.
Play a key role in the Finance team to support the luxury experience our guests from around the world enjoy at one of the world’s best hotels.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The park’s green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
It’s another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that’s all about our guests.
It’s also a world that’s been reinvented and re imagined to move with the times. With a heart of London’s heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards – through kind, passionate and generous service.
We need a Finance Assistant to keep our hotel in order.
It’s the perfect place to broaden your understanding of what it means to be a Finance Assistant, because we have so many businesses within our business – restaurants, rooms, spas and bars.
It’s the perfect place to gather a few more passport stamps, too. Many of our colleagues in our team have also spent time in one of our thirty-two other locations, from Miami to Macau to Munich. And everyone’s given opportunities to progress. In short, if you’re interested in moving around – or moving up – Mandarin Oriental could be the right choice for you.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- To audit, prepare and issue the Daily Flash Report, Weekly and Monthly revenue reports to Hotel Management and Head Office in a timely and efficient manner.
- To audit, analyse & accurately record the revenues and statistics for Rooms Accommodation, F&B, Spa and Other hotel revenue on a daily basis.
- To audit, investigate and record all daily allowances, voids & paid outs – highlighting anything extraordinary to the attention of the Hotel Controller.
- To perform & document any daily ad hoc checks on data
- To analyze & journal house account information in conjunction with the F&B, Rooms Division and Spa departments.
- To reconcile and record PDQ credit cards.
- To check any credits made to credit cards on a daily basis and have authorised by the Hotel Controller.
- To assist in the timely and orderly archiving of financial documents.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, other hotel departments and corporate office personnel.
- To liaise and answer queries from guests, hotel and corporate colleagues in a prompt, friendly and efficient manner.
We offer our Finance Assistant world class benefits including, but not limited to:
- Complimentary hotels stays across the group
- Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Team member discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental London
Sitting between glorious Royal Parkland and the buzz of central Knightsbridge, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London is re-imagined and re-invented, offering the essence of timeless heritage coupled with contemporary flair and impeccable service.
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.