We currently recruiting a Kitchen Steward to join our Back of House Team at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Kitchen Steward to join our FANtastic Back of House team at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London.
The role of the kitchen steward involves:
- To ensure that all back of house areas and kitchen equipment are maintained according to standards, enhancing a feeling of quality and confidence for our guests.
- To ensure that the uniform provided is kept clean, presentable and in good condition, ensuring that personal appearance and hygiene standards are an example for the team and reflect a professional image for our guests.
- To perform all duties relating to the cleaning of back of house areas and kitchen according to the relevant food and hygiene standards and COSHH regulations.
- To report prior to the end of the shift to the supervisor for a final check-off of completed duties.
- To count the breakage and provide related reports to the supervisor.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by your manager and supervisor.
- Experience in similar 5* star or luxury hotel environment.
- Good level of English.
- Ability to stand for up to 8-12 hours a day.
- Flexible work hours to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation.
Please note this is a full time permanent position.
We offer our employees world class benefits, including but not limited to:
- Discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Free laundry and complimentary meals while on duty
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers worldwide
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, 66 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7LA, United Kingdom
Mandarin Oriental London
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.