We are looking for a Mechanical Plant Engineer to join our Engineering team at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London.
Mechanical Plant Engineer
Could you help transport someone to another world? To an oriental world of luxury, and the most attentive service? To a world that’s all about them?
Our colleagues create that world for our guests. And together, we grow. We learn to become better, more refined, more distinguished. Our colleagues are what make Mandarin Oriental memorable.
If you want to be part of a culture that makes its colleagues and its guests feel valued every day, this is the place for you.
With the glamour of Knightsbridge and leafy Hyde Park on its doorstep, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London's most fashionable address. Blending sumptuous guestrooms with an award-winning restaurant, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, a world class spa, The Rosebery and a bustling bar; it is the definitive destination for a luxury escape in the capital.
As Mechanical Plant Engineer you will be responsible for the following duties:
- To be responsible for efficiently carrying out maintenance, repair and replacement work assigned by the Assistant Chief Engineer and to the standards required, ensuring that engineering principles and safety procedures are adhered to.
- To work closely with the Assistant Chief Engineer, Shift Engineer and other day engineers in order to carry out all duties assigned in accordance with established policies and procedures as well as to the operation schedule.
- To specify and obtain all necessary parts through the proscribed procedure and seeking any other required assistance within the engineering department to fulfil duties.
We offer our colleagues world class benefits, including but not limited to:
- Discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Free laundry and complimentary meals while on duty
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers worldwide
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
With the vision of making our hotel one of the finest hotels in the world, we are looking for candidates that can deliver passionate, kind and genuine service. If this if you, apply now.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental London
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.