The Night Chef will be responsible for the following duties:
- To co-ordinate and organize all of the team members, ensuring they perform well and cohesively and reporting any issues to the head chef or sous chef
- To check and supervise all aspects of the IRD kitchen during the night shift
- To work closely with other chefs in the MOLON team on all matters
- To ensure that the food for the Mandarin bar and IRD night menu is cooked to the correct standard with the presentation aligned to the spec sheet of dishes
- To participate in receiving and checking incoming good and to highlight and report back any issues that need resolving
We offer our Night Chef world class benefits but not limited to:
- Team member discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group
- Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes
About Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London:
With the glamorous shopping of Knightsbridge and leafy Hyde Park on its doorstep, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most fashionable address. Presently undergoing one of the most extensive renovations in its 115-year history, the hotel has recently revealed the first phase of a far reaching renovation, with the re-opening of the Knightsbridge-facing guest rooms and suites. Blending sumptuous guestrooms with two award-winning restaurants, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal and Bar Boulud, an urban spa, 17-metre swimming pool, The Rosebury Lounge and a bustling bar, it is the definitive destination for a luxury escape to the capital.
Working at Mandarin Oriental isn’t just a job; it provides an opportunity to build a career for life with the potential to travel the world within our unique organization. Our people aim high and we support them all the way by providing career advancement and Learning and Development programmes designed to enable our colleagues to be the best. We do this by developing our Colleagues and encouraging them to take on new challenges, thus allowing us to identify their potential and help them expand their careers as the groups expansion plans take effect over the next few years with many new hotel openings on the horizon.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- F&B kitchen, F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Mandarin Oriental London
In September 2016, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London embarked on an exciting restoration designed to significantly enhance the facilities of the hotel. The property will remain open throughout the 18-month renovation, which will be undertaken in two phases in order to minimise disruption to our guests. As always, we remain committed to providing guests with exceptional service throughout the period. To learn more please visit our Renovation News section.