One Hyde Park Mandarin Oriental is looking for a Security Officer to join our fantastic team in the worldwide renowned residential building on a full-time basis.
One Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address: designed by pre-eminent architect Richard Rogers, the development of 86 apartments and three exclusive boutiques within four pavilions is known to be the most luxurious address in London. Serviced by the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most prestigious hotels, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, One Hyde Park is one of 22 residences under the group and offers the same luxurious, kind and generous service to the residents as Mandarin Oriental offers their guests.
We need a Security Officer to join our fantastic team in the worldwide renowned residential building on a full-time basis.
Scope of Position
The practical application of security measures ensuring the safety and well being of Residents and their Guests and Associates, as well as protection of the Company’s property from loss or damage. To provide a safe and secure environment enabling the Company to maximise service standards. To maintain all Mandarin Oriental Residences operating standards to the highest level, delivering a prompt and courteous service at all times. To assist the Security Supervisor in all aspects of the Security Department and in the absence of the Security Manager undertake responsibilities as directed. To actively participate in an excellent work climate to boost morale and satisfaction. To carry out any reasonable request even if it means to cross over to another department.
About the role
- Be intimately knowledgeable of FLHSS (Fire, Life, Health, Safety, and Security) related rules and regulations pertaining to One Hyde Park Residences and all shared areas with the Management Company
- Be proficient in obtaining witness statements, writing incident reports via software provided.
- Record all relevant incidents in the Occurrence Book.
- Comply with the Code of Practice for Security Staff.
- To be trained in First Aid emergency techniques and fire safety.
- Respond directly to all activations of access and panic alarms.
- Provide security awareness training and information to Associates as and when required.
- Conduct random audits in all departments to ensure the policy on key control is adhered to.
- Investigate, administrate and report all accidents with an emphasis on incidents as legislated by RIDDOR.
- Conduct daily hazard patrols, communicating findings to relevant Associates for action in compliance to One Hyde Park particular Risk Assessment strategies
- Conduct regular patrols of the Complex with a particular emphasis is on public areas and means of escape.
- Ensure that One Hyde Park grooming standards are consistently maintained
- To ensure that each colleague performs to the required level of service in order to meet and exceed in-house residences and visitors expectations
- To ensure that personal appearance and hygiene standards are an example for the team and reflect a professional image for our residences
- Protection of residence’s and Management Company assets
- Creation and provision of Lost and Found processes throughout the building
- Set example for all colleagues to emulate by complying with all Management Company policies and procedures
- To monitor and conduct surveillance on any malpractices on premises
- To carry out any other reasonable requests as directed by your manager
- Ensuring that any employed CCTV/work-related security and surveillance systems are professionally operated at all times when assigned and to relay all pertinent information to the Supervisor or Security Manager
- Not to release any CCTV footage to third party/law enforcement agency without court order
- Previous relevant experience in a position within Safety & Security Services
- Excellent communication skills in all aspects
- Must possess excellent organisational and administrative skills, good working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Confident, approachable, professional, and able to use diplomacy to handle different situations
- To be passionate about delivering the very best service for your residents
- Flexible work hours including night shift to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
- CCTV, Defib and First Aid certifications
- Additional languages would be beneficial
- Previous experience in luxury hotel or residences
Mandarin Oriental London
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.