We are currently looking for a Spa Concierge to join our Spa & Wellness department team here at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London.
A sense of serenity, an aura of expertise: we’re looking for people who care deeply about wellness to create the right atmosphere in our spa.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The park’s green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
It’s another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that’s all about our guests.
It’s also a world that’s been reinvented and reimagined to move with the times. With a heart of London’s heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards – through kind, passionate and generous service.
We need a Spa Concierge to keep our spa flowing smoothly. As one of our hotel’s greatest assets, we’re looking for passionate people to maintain the sense of health and hush in our spa. First and foremost, we’re looking for a Spa Concierge with a great deal of spa knowledge – people who can recommend our premium products. In return, you can expect to learn what makes a perfect pedicure from Bastien Gonzalez himself, or the essentials of Chinese medicine according to Professor Ke.
As one of the only Forbest five-star spas in London, and with a vast treatment menu, it’s the perfect place to widen your understanding of health and beauty.
About the role
- To be responsible for, but not limited to booking all Spa treatments, explaining services to guests, any POS sales including retail and checking in and checking out all guests in a professional manner.
- To ensure a warm friendly welcome to all guests at all times. Greets all guests upon their arrival, gives new guests tours of property and offer return guests “re-orientations”.
- To have a thorough understanding of all retail sales items sold in the Spa Boutique and all Mandarin Oriental treatments and packages offered in the Spa
- Identify and report defects throughout the Spa; notify maintenance team and report on HotSos immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or processes that negatively affect the operations.
- Proactively greet, interact, and assist guests in a professional manner.
- To have good telephone skills and have the ability to courteously interact and answer all Spa & Wellness and hotel related questions with guests.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental London
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.