Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Have a good understanding of the outlet’s concept and food and beverage offerings and be able to verbally explain those to the guests.
- Knowledge of mixing and matching ingredients to offer an outstanding selection of creative cocktails, non-alcoholic drinks, spirits, beers and wines and be able to garnish all drinks as per the given standards and explain their characteristics. Support the outlet manager when required to train colleagues in accordance with the applicable standards and policies and regularly update the Standard Drink Appearance file (SDA).
- Set up daily bar counter and ensure that mise en place and any other required ingredients and equipment are prepared in order to work as efficient as possible.
- All bottles and ingredients should be set up as per the bar’s standard to assure they are in easy reach and facilitate effective service.
- Assist the Bar Supervisor and manager to create new mixed drinks and cocktails for promotional activity and new menus.
- Is well trained in offering and serving cigars as per standards.
- Check the inventory daily before each shift to assure correct amounts are stocked up to avoid running out of stock during service periods.
- Clean and sanitize the bar areas after each shift and when required
- Responsible for checking the temperature of the bar fridges and follow the First in, First Out standards.
- Listen to every guest and observe body language carefully in order to be able to understand guest needs and expectations and consistently delight and satisfy every guest.
- Experience as Bartender in a high end bar with highest levels of service is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as bartender.
- High School qualification or equivalent is preferred.
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is preferred.
- Knowledge of Bar service procedures and standards as well as good knowledge of spirits and cigars.
- Familiar with restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures is preferred.
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!
Advertised: 21 Aug 2020 Arab Standard Time