As a Director of Commercial Strategy, you will set the hotel’s strategic business direction by balancing financial objectives, managing the sales segments and guiding the commercial strategies of the hotel. You will work with the General Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing and Revenue Manager, to develop and implement the hotel’s commercial (sales/selling) strategy to maximize hotel revenues, market share performance and profits.
The Director of Commercial Strategy will be responsible for the following duties :
- Responsible for maximizing revenue and profit associated primarily with rooms, but also function space or total hotel revenue as required. Accountable for all transient, group and catering segments strategies and deployment, pricing, channel distribution, and positioning.
- Identifying future revenue opportunities and effectively communicates strategies to the sales and marketing colleagues.
- Oversees the Revenue and Reservations departments and all the processes associated with them, such as demand, revenue, forecasting, inventory management, channel management and proactive opportunity analysis.
- Oversees the Sales and Catering Departments of the hotel and is responsible for the guidance and development of the entire team in each department.
- Together with the Director of Sales & Marketing and Revenue Manager, prepare the hotel’s annual Budget and develops, implements and adapts the Annual Marketing Plan as market conditions fluctuate.
- Responsible for annual expenditure for all sales activities and control of the budgeted expenditure by a monthly forecast.
- Develops the business outlook and commercial strategy for the hotel and ensures the strategies conform to MOHG’s brand philosophies, guidelines and initiatives at all times.
- Provides strategic direction as it relates to pricing, inventory, channel management and distribution of all market segments in accordance to MOHG’s brand guidelines.
- Determines sales strategies and leads efforts to coordinate these strategies between Regional Sales Offices, Corporate Revenue Management and Marketing & Communications Teams and on-property Leadership.
- Ensures that commercial strategies are communicated to Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing and hotel leaders, and are implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Works with Marketing & Communications to develop the strategic proposition of Marketing offers, online and offline, as well as market/country and demand specific focus areas.
- Identifies future revenue opportunities and effectively communicates strategies to the sales organization and marketing colleagues.
- Evaluates effectiveness of property participation in channels and determines proper spend deployment in these segments and channels.
- Maintains continual awareness of current and future competitors, for example but not limited to, product, published offers/pricing, renovation plans, inventory, etc.
- Proactively analyzes and communicates business trends and booking pace in comparison to the market, Last Year, Forecast and Budget.
- Analyzes competitive sets, price positioning, seasonality, mix and displacement on a weekly basis.
- Evaluates weekly and monthly Market Share reports to understand trends and opportunities vs. competitive set and the market as a whole and ensures targeted Relative RevPar positioning is achieved.
- Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to General Manager and property leadership teams.
- Responsible for hotel’s positioning in the various distribution channels, information accuracy and competitor positioning, including but not limited to, conducting online shops.
- Ensures that all reservation enquiries that come to the hotel via telephone, email or fax are processed in a timely and accurate manner to capture demand data for the hotel.
What we are looking for?
- Must have a minimum of 6 years Director of Sales & Marketing experience; extensive knowledge off Revenue Management related functions is mandatory.
- Strategic approach towards maximizing revenue through use of historical data and analysis of the marketplace and demand generators, either geographically or special event related.
- Able to create objectives and make strategic decisions and recommendations based on facts, market trends and experience/knowledge.
- Effectively develop, implement, monitor and control sales strategies and goals.
- Strong business acumen with ability to analyze financial statements, revenue reports, and market data.
- Analytical approach to problem solving utilizing data to make conclusions.
- Comprehension of all transient segments, their respective sales processes, markets, demands, sales deployment, client development and goal setting process.
- Comprehension of group sales processes and group sales demands.
- Comprehension of technical and managerial applications of Reservation, Sales, PMS and Revenue systems including but not limited to SMS, SynXis, Datavision, IDeaS and Delphi.
- Strong leadership, strategic, analytical and forecasting skills.
- Effective time management, communication and professional presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and balance the priorities of the position.
Advertised: 29 Oct 2020 Arab Standard Time