The iconic Hotel Palace Luzern first opened in 1906 and is located in the heart of the city, on the shores of Lake Lucerne. The multi-million-dollar renovation will include the restyling of all guestrooms and suites, the redesign of the public areas, restaurants and bars as well as the landscaping of the outdoor grounds. Following the completion of the renovation, Mandarin Oriental Palace, Luzern will comprise 146 rooms and suites offering excellent views of the lake and mountains. There will be a restaurant and a bar together with a variety of social and meeting facilities and a spa and fitness room.
The Director of Security will be responsible for the following:
- Take full responsibility for establishing and implementing security policies and procedures in accordance with Mandarin Oriental corporate guidelines and insure compliance to all local, state and federal regulations.
- Provide supervisory guidance and support to all colleagues in the Security Department.
- Create a safe and secure environment for all guests and colleagues.
- Coordinate and arrange all operational details pertaining to security and safety in connection with VIP visits.
- Develop and implement the Standard Operating Procedures for the department.
- Develop and deliver training programs for all employees on all OSHA related rules and regulations.
- Review and follow-up on all incident, loss and accident reports.
- Implement hotels key control program.
- Responsible for the fire life safety policies and procedures as legislated by local rules and regulations.
- Oversee the security candidate selection and staffing.
- Develop and train all colleagues in emergency procedure preparedness.
- Protection of hotel assets.
- Maintain liaison with local law enforcement agencies.
What we are looking for:
- At least 3 years working experience in a luxury hospitality environment
- Good communication skills and pleasant personality
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and under pressure
- CPR/First aid certified
- Good computer skills
- Fluent in English and German
Advertised: 20 Sep 2021 W. Europe Daylight Time