The iconic Hotel Palace Luzern first opened in 1906 and is located in the heart of the city, on the shores of Lake Lucerne. The multi-million-dollar renovation will include the restyling of all guestrooms and suites, the redesign of the public areas, restaurants and bars as well as the landscaping of the outdoor grounds. Following the completion of the renovation, Mandarin Oriental Palace, Luzern will comprise 146 rooms and suites offering excellent views of the lake and mountains. There will be a restaurant and a bar together with a variety of social and meeting facilities and a spa and fitness room.
The Executive Housekeeper will be responsible for the following:
- Establishes Standard Operating Procedures to maintain hotel at luxury level and incorporates changes in the Manuals
- Administer all housekeeping facilities and ensure clean and secure environment for guests and colleagues Responsible for the recruitment, onboarding and training of all Housekeeping colleagues in conjunction with the Hotel Manager and Human Resources
- Schedule work and tasks for the housekeeping team and organize an efficient everyday care of the hotel.
- Ensure compliance to all operational standards and organization regulations.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate response to every guest request and maintain the highest level of standards.
- Monitor the department expenses, control costs and recommend ways to increase efficiency.
- Design and adapt housekeeping policies and procedures according to MOHG standards.
- Maintain safety and hygiene at all time.
- Perform appraisals for the housekeeping team regularly and implement any corrective action.
- Perform regular market surveys for all new products and suppliers.
- Monitor pest control and perform audits on quality of the cleaning.
- Manage and analyse incoming supplies and ensure compliance to all specifications.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in a similar capacity in the five star luxury international environment.
- Previous pre-opening experience is desirable.
- High energy level, self-motivated, articulate and presentable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Fluent in English and German.
Advertised: 20 Sep 2021 W. Europe Daylight Time