Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most prestigious hotels and resorts. The Group now operates or has underdevelopment over 34 hotels with more than 11,000 rooms in 23 countries in key business and leisure destinations.
Our award winning property, in the nation's capital, is situated on D.C.'s growing South West waterfront. Commanding monumental views, the property offers 400 guest rooms including 54 suites, extensive event space, and our Forbes Four Star Rated Spa at Mandarin Oriental. Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. welcomes individuals who are guest centered and are committed to making a difference every day; continually getting better to keep us the best.
Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. is currently seeking an office coordinator to join our housekeeping department!
Scope of Position
The Office Coordinator is responsible for the efficient operation of the Housekeeping administrative duties.
The Office Coordinator will report directly to the Director/Assistant Director of Housekeeping and/or the Housekeeping Manager(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
Guest Requests & Guest Interaction:
- Answer all telephone calls coming into the Housekeeping office.
- Coordinate and distribute guest requests and ensure they are addressed.
- Manage early arrivals/VIPs' special requests by continuously providing update for Housekeeping Managers on priority of rooms needed
- Update additional credits/rollaway beds and baby cots make up and delivery charges sheet daily on either shift
- Ensure that the key distribution system is well-maintained and inventory record is updated.
- Record all late/absent employees on designated attendance sheet.
- Monitor occupancy status of guest rooms on a constant basis.
- Keep accurate records of all general cleaning materials/carpet shampoo/drapery maintenance/chandelier cleaning materials.
- Keep accurate record of Room Attendant and House Attendant productivity.
- Coordinate Lost & Found with the Security Department.
- Maintain accurate record of all receivables into the department.
Other Administrative Duties:
- Evaluate shift assignments and prioritize work load; manage housekeeper's boards & assignments ensuring compliance with the CBA.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager in opening up the guest room distribution including managing variances between Room Attendants scheduled versus needed.
- Follow Housekeeping Manager's direction and call in employees, if necessary.
- Ensure all letters and packages are delivered in a timely manner and records are kept regularly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced, detail oriented environment. Must have superior multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent computer skills; prior experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated superior phone etiquette; prior experience with multi-line phone systems, 2 way radio systems, etc.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor; ability to remain calm under pressure & handle every request with a smile.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays.
- Prior experience in housekeeping department preferred; experience in luxury hotel setting strongly preferred.
- Experience in a unionized hotel environment preferred.
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
Advertised: 15 Sep 2021 US Eastern Daylight Time